Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 F-250.

When the engine is cool the truck takes about twice as long to start as normal.

If the truck is run and then sits for an hour or so it takes longer and longer to start, cranking and turning the switch off and trying to restart. Probably cranking for 10-15 seconds.

Two times I have run the truck and then turn it off and within 5 minutes tried to restart. One of those time it was cranked until the batteries were drained. Had to shoot it with ether to keep from being stranded. And both times as soon as the ether was used it would crank to slow to start and I would have to get a jump and it would start after that.

Once the truck is running there is no power issues and it runs fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had some starting issues when cold it took sum cranking to get it started.
It turnd out to be the IPR valve I thought it may be the injectors cause I replaced the relay,baterries,icp sensor and still nothing. the machanic said the truck ran so well when running he didn,t think it was the injectors, he said that when your truck starts good cold and runs fine lots power but hard starting issues when truck is warm he say 9 times outa 10 its an injector problem:dunno:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Does your ficm have the latest reflash???????

·
Registered
673 Posts
It sounds like it might be an ICP (Injection Control Pressure) issue. Blown injector O-rings/seals, oil rail O-rings, crankcase-to-head tubes, or HPOP STC connector. If you know someone with a scanner that can read data. Look at the ICP (psi) pid while cranking. If it takes a long time to build 500 psi then you have a problem. 500 psi is required to activate the injectors.

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
check codes. then if there are none you need to monitor icp and ficm voltage with a scan tool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had my 07 F250 fixed for the same thing. It was a fitting on the back of the oil pump leaking oil into the engine. Service tech said it was common.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts