Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, need help! Got a 06 F250 4x4 with about 140K miles, this problem started about 2 weeks ago and has gotten worse. Started by it taking 3-5 cranks to get truck started, once started it ran fine, then it started to turn off the minute I would put into Drive and give fuel, I would restart and then it would run fine the rest of the day. I have no check engine codes on dash. Had mechanic change 2 engine sensor, one of them being the cam sensor, and he repalce the egr valve, it was full of carbon, now the truck doesn't want to start at all! The only way it starts is if you give fuel and keep your foot on the pedal to keep going otherwise it will turn off. Can somebody help! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Is it blowing black or white? We have one at our shop that wont start unless yoru on it and cranking for a long time. Turbo has gone south on it.

I would at least to a test on the FICM to make sure thats working properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats happenimg now is that it will only start when you give fuel, it will run fine, once you pass 800-900 rpm the engine dies, it's showing all kinds of codes on the scanner of the sensors that where replaced. There is no smoke coming out of exhaust, before it statrted doing this latest problem, when i would get it started it would run perfect, with normal power and the turbo would come in as normal, thats what makes me crazy! I finally got a Ford mechanic to hopefully come over today, to see if he can detect whats going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts