Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having a no crank issue I may be chasing a ghost. Starter works I can jump it from passenger side fender yellow/blue wire. But get nothing from the key. I've checked all fuses are good. tested all relays are good. On the starter relay the 86 pin is 12volts the 30 pin is 12 volts. I tested the 87 pin wire is good all the way to starter. But.. im getting nothing on the 85 pin I can't get ground in any position of the key. My question is where does the 85 pin go to?

(2004 F250 6.0 lariat 4x4 extended cab)

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Im having a no crank issue I may be chasing a ghost. Starter works I can jump it from passenger side fender yellow/blue wire. But get nothing from the key. I've checked all fuses are good. tested all relays are good. On the starter relay the 86 pin is 12volts the 30 pin is 12 volts. I tested the 87 pin wire is good all the way to starter. But.. im getting nothing on the 85 pin I can't get ground in any position of the key. My question is where does the 85 pin go to?

(2004 F250 6.0 lariat 4x4 extended cab)
Aftermarket alarm?

Sounds like a good candidate for push button start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aftermarket alarm?

Sounds like a good candidate for push button start.
Far as I know there is no aftermarket alarm on it. My sct programmer also isn't connecting to the pcm.
I was starting it one morning and it stopped mid crank and has not hit a lick sense.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuel pump is also not kicking on. I have checked everything I know too. Ficm is also getting 48 volts with key on.
Pcm is getting 12 volts. Im not sure how to test the neutral safety switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts