Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 06 f250 back from OC Diesel. 17,000 dollars later. Only had to pay 5300 out of pocket, warranty picked up the rest. 95,000 miles. Got new head cylinders, HPOP upgrade, head gaskets, H11 studs, bulletproof egr cooler, Garrett powermax turbo, new oem oil cooler, new injector, updated turbo drain tube, glow plug. The trans is acting funny. Doesnt down shift right, slow shifts, staying held in between gears. Im pretty hard on a truck. Would a sct tuner with tunes fix this? Or does it sounds like clutches burned out or torque converter bad? Has anyone had any problems with the power steering pump or cooler? Feels like it should have more power in the steering. What else do I need to bulletproof this truck or what will go bad next? Should I just replace the egr valve, icp, standpipes and dummy plugs? My truck is bone stock, except the stuff above. Next mods will be Sct tuner, Straight piped, air intake and manifold. Hopefully that turbo wakes up with a tuner. This truck is a turd right now. Drives me nuts when I can't beat an import to save my life. Just need alittle direction/help towards bulletproofing and performance. Trying to make a 600 Hp daily driver. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,
Ryan

· War is the answer!
5,596 Posts
Thats a lot of questions. Have you tried the searching feature the forum?

· Compression Ignition Addict
11,989 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will they rest of the motor hold up to that? What size injectors would I need? Would a FASS 200 be sufficient? Where could I get my trans upgraded? What other mods would I need to keep the egts down? Thanks for your help.
Ryan

11,989 Posts
A solid 6.0L will hold up to that, with all the rtight mods.

I am not the one to be giving out to much advice on high-horsepower mods though.

I do know that suncoast and BTS are the two tranny rebuilds more commonly discussed.

Not sure on the injectors or the size of the FASS.

I would do the EGR delete if you are going up that much in HP.

I am not sure the Garret PowerMax can even support 600 hp.

Maybe others will comment.

11,989 Posts
Probably so.

Call BulletProofDiesel - I am sure they would love to talk to you.

You can also call Ryan Casserly at Full Force Diesel and ask him about injectors. His are the only ones I would recommend when considering extra power.

· Registered
240 Posts
theres no way u could push 600hp with that turbo. if u really wanna talk high hp, go over to powerstrokenation.com. everyone is a high hp die hard. so start out with the sct and try the looney tune from quick tricks or truck source diesels super panties tune. i bet it will seem like its got more hp than it actually. its only a dog because its not tuned for the different power range of the turbo. what turbo do u want to keep? and straight pipe it right away. if u stick with the powemax, go with 155cc-175cc injectors. anything more and u need a bigger turbo. the bulletproof egr coler will b just fine. and on the tranny situation, it needs to be serviced every 30k. its important. and its sounding like sticking selonoids. its more common than clutches going bad.any codes?

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not throwing any codes. Will my motor and the mods I've done hold up to a maxed out tune? How do these tunes compare to Eric's? I like this turbo..but i think its just not getting enough fuel and the exhaust exiting. Will 175cc injectors work with the stock fuel pump? What's my top out for horsepower on this turbo? Would it have better to keep the stock turbo? Thanks for the help.
Ryan

· Registered
240 Posts
you can have just injectors for a short period of time, but you can't floor it if u do. if u go the turbo is plenty big and better than stock if u go with bigger injectors. if u do the looney tune which is very well liked among pmax owners, it will make the motor come to life. definately get a 4in turbo back and the pmax is better than stock with tuning

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.