Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had the day off due to sickness, and ive had some rev-x sittin around waiting to go in the sixo, so i was gonna pour it in where the oil filter is, for direct injector help, i got the oil filter out, took out the screw that holds the standpipe in, and twisted that thing as hard as i could, numerous times, nothing happened, so while i sat there trying not to look so much like a dumbass, i looked in to see if there was something else holding it in, but there was nothing else, so is there an easier way to get the standpipe out? Or do i get weakling of the day award?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I remember watching a Youtube clip of 'powerstrokehelp' putting the RevX directly in. He mentioned that the standpiple is a bugger to get out.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The ones I have here just pull straight up out but the bases don't have any guts in them either.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I remember watching a Youtube clip of 'powerstrokehelp' putting the RevX directly in. He mentioned that the standpiple is a bugger to get out.
I just ended up saying screw it and put it back together, i might could get it off if my hands were smaller and could get a grip on it haha

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
You dont have to remove a screw?
Yes, you have to remove one screw. It's been so long since I took one apart I forgot what all, if anything, has to come out. I know sitting on the base by itself you remove the one screw and out it comes. You may have to twist it counter clockwise a bit, but not on the housing I had.

Just went out and double checked. The one screw that's closest to the firewall and out it comes.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, you have to remove one screw. It's been so long since I took one apart I forgot what all, if anything, has to come out. I know sitting on the base by itself you remove the one screw and out it comes. You may have to twist it counter clockwise a bit, but not on the housing I had.

Just went out and double checked. The one screw that's closest to the firewall and out it comes.
I undid the screw, twisted and teied to pull it out, is there only one screw? I only saw one

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Remove one screw, and loosen the other two.

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
The other two torx screws that hold the stand pipe in.

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
You can see in this pic the missing screw is the one that HAS to be removed, the other two you normally dont "have" to loosen but it may help you.

turn the stand pipe counter clockwise and lift.

Reactions: mySIXOisSick

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can see in this pic the missing screw is the one that HAS to be removed, the other two you normally dont "have" to loosen but it may help you.

turn the stand pipe counter clockwise and lift.

Thanks for the pic, i think i took out one of the two torx screws, where it looks the the screw is taken out here on mine just looked like a plug, on mine it looked like it had 1 torx screw, and 2 plugs, so i undid the one that looked like i should have undone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts