Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few signatures with the Stancor GPR in them. What is so good about it? Mine was replaced about 7k ago, I have no idea the brand since the last owner did it. Would it still be worth getting a Stancor now?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I noticed a few signatures with the Stancor GPR in them. What is so good about it? Mine was replaced about 7k ago, I have no idea the brand since the last owner did it. Would it still be worth getting a Stancor now?
They are much more heavy duty and holds up longer. I put one on years ago and never a problem.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I got a stancor just last month, and since I am in cold climate, WY and CO, it definitely helps out. Better start ups. If you don't live in a cold climate I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
161 Posts
I got a stancor just last month, and since I am in cold climate, WY and CO, it definitely helps out. Better start ups. If you don't live in a cold climate I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on it.

I disagree. I would consider this over the oem ones. Its the same cost and sometimes cheaper the oem one. The gpr is going to cycle when it's cold and that's what wears out the relay.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I disagree. I would consider this over the oem ones. Its the same cost and sometimes cheaper the oem one. The gpr is going to cycle when it's cold and that's what wears out the relay.
Well, the reason why I say, if he lives in warmer climates to not worry about spending money on the stancor is because he probably won't have to cycle his relay as often as someone who lives in the colder climates.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
With the Stancor you generally only have to "cycle" it one time (just wait for a sufficient amount of time for the plugs to warm before hitting the key). I had my truck not start in July due to a bad GPR. You still need the plugs on the first start of day in my experience. Cheers!

·
BANNED by Kris
6,317 Posts
Thanks guys ordered mine just now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts