Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been having a recurring issue for the last couple of winters: The engine misfires consistently throughout the whole drive (even 25+ miles when oil/engine is at proper running temps). Truck has 180,000 miles.

This only happens when outside air is under 55ish degrees and the engine starts very well, I have:

-new batteries
-new glow plugs
-Cam Pos sensor replaced 2 days ago
-Baby Swamp's Injectors with under 3K miles
-recently oil changed
-new UVC harness
-new IDM
-new-ish ECM
-new E4OD with under 1,200 miles
-new valve cover gasket
-and other new things

The cold-weather misfires started before I replaced injectors and still do now. I put a Swamp's tuner in when I replaced injectors and it works well.

Yesterday I took off valves covers and inspected (all looked good) and took it for a drive.

The CEL came on with no codes (AURGHH!) and was still misfiring often, even when idling.

I took the tuner out of the ECM and drove and the truck stalled on me, restarted and it stalled again after 5 seconds, and repeat. I have a full tank and new fuel filter and it revs up well before it stalls, so it's not a fuel issue. I made it home by flooring it and not letting it idle so it couldn't stall.

Did the tuner screw up the ECM? I have no idea whats going on. Please offer any input you guys have, thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Checked for any codes? (Sorry, just read No Codes lol)... still...
Sounds like maybe a faulty intake air temperature sensor...

·
Premium Member
4,411 Posts
Check ICP connector for oil. Sounds like a common ICP fighting back before it dies. Scan it and read live data. IPR %, and HPOP pressure when cranking and running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts