Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bmwrx1
Powerstroke.org Rookie
Join: about 8 hours ago

about 8 hours ago · #1
New to your forum
Greetings all, I am a Auto tech for 30 plus years and stumped on my 05 F250 issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. A week ago the truck started just fine idled for 20 seconds then stalled for the first time ever. Then when going to crank again nothing happened, no clunk from stater, the glow light stayed on for 3 times longer than normal, the interior lights cut out during start attempt. The batteries are full, all other consumers are normal, wipers fast, horn sharp, lights bright etc. No communication for fault testing , pinned out the starter relay , found a lousy ground signal from pcm, tried another pcm and nothing changed. Inspection of harness shows no chaffed points, disable links all seem fine. Please help I need to get this thing running. Thanx in advance

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,964 Posts
Fuse F2.22 ok?

·
5,964 Posts
That is the designation for fuse 22 in the fuse panel under the dash.

Also, double check the fan clutch connector and wiring.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya was blown, replaced and blew right away. Dead short. Great thinking. What is shorted, any idea ?

·
5,964 Posts
The fan clutch or the fan clutch wiring is the #1 culprit

Reactions: Hydro

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disconnected the fan and still blew, found a tight spot on harness near the fuel filter. Will open in the morning when I get more 20 amp fuses. Thanks so much for the right path. Will update ASAP

·
5,964 Posts
:thumb: .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Checked all items on the fuse 22 circuit except IPR. Found a short on power wire going to EGR. Had been deleted 8 years ago and dangling on fuel filter housing and chaffed thru blowing fuse 22. Going to button up. Runs fine now !😅 Can't thank you enough for your prompt response and help. Thanks again !!!

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
Checked all items on the fuse 22 circuit except IPR. Found a short on power wire going to EGR. Had been deleted 8 years ago and dangling on fuel filter housing and chaffed thru blowing fuse 22. Going to button up. Runs fine now !😅 Can't thank you enough for your prompt response and help. Thanks again !!!
All's well that ends well! I see "check the wires" on this forum over and over again. Now we know why.

k

Reactions: Hydro
1 - 12 of 12 Posts