Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok Im getting 5" mbrp exhaust for my truck and my local auto parts house called last night and said mbrp has to custom make the stainless 5" exhaust because they dont offer it normally so my question is should I get the stainless that will take a week and a half to get or get alumized 5" that I can get right now???

Please help

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Its pretty much just personal preference but if you live up North where they salt the roads it won't rust and will stay looking better but either way they sound about the same and with the Aluminized will save you some Money.

Good Luck WELCOME TO ORG! ! !

2,083 Posts
Raul has 5in Stailess MBRP kits. I would be concerned that they are selling you what they have in stock. The stainless kits will last longer but the alumin will get the job done for years to come also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to go with 409 because its not going to be a show truck, but I think I can wait I have a muffler/cat delete on the factory exhaust so I think I can wait a week, but does anyone here have aluminized??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we my uncle has 5" aluminized on his Dmax sence he bought it in 01 and it still has no problems and we live in northeast PA

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just called my local parts house and they said they have another place to get things and he said he will call back in a few

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he just called and said RBP has a 5" system but mbrp dont have there stainless in stock, what do you guys think if I get RBP it will be here tomorrow with no hassle of waiting. what would you do

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2,083 Posts
58001. If you had more black the other would look great.

My entire exhaust was Black ceramic coated. Just get the chrome. It's price is much better also

That guy likely pays about 87.00 bux for that tip. So roll him on the price a little.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok I was leaning towards the chrome I will call and order now

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok its ordered 5" 409 exhaust with the chrome tip, Im so excited, now my chip will be here and the water meth is supossed to be here monday

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
107 Posts
where are you finding this RBP for the 6.0? I can only find the 6.4

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was getting mine at A&A auto, but read my other post no more mods for my truck to here what happend today

1 - 20 of 21 Posts