Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some corroded brake lines on my 2006 6.0. Does anyone have any experience replacing them with stainless brake lines? If so where do you get them?

·
Registered
918 Posts
There are a few places to get them, now including Dorman.

Check ClassicTube, SSTubes, as well as eBay, Amazon .....

·
Registered
36 Posts
I used sstubes on my excursion and was very pleased. Had a burr in one end of the rear line and they overnighted a replacement. No matter who you go with I would inspect all of the flares and spray some brake clean through then followed with dry air (I used nitrogen) through as well. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used sstubes on my excursion and was very pleased. Had a burr in one end of the rear line and they overnighted a replacement. No matter who you go with I would inspect all of the flares and spray some brake clean through then followed with dry air (I used nitrogen) through as well. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you very much for the help I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got the Russell lines for both of my Excursions from Summitt. Night and day difference in pedal feel for sure!

·
Registered
918 Posts
The Russell lines he is talking about are the hoses. I've used Classic Tubes when restoring '65-66 Mustangs and Shelbys. They were excellent. As David said, inspect the flares with any source.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Russell lines he is talking about are the hoses. I've used Classic Tubes when restoring '65-66 Mustangs and Shelbys. They were excellent. As David said, inspect the flares with any source.
Thanks for the clarification. I've never used stainless lines and hoses before so this is all new to me. I really appreciate all the help!

·
Registered
918 Posts
The other thing you can do is make up the lines with Nicopp, doing the flaring yourself. That is a little bit of an art though, especially with some of the tools out there today.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You can get pre-made and un-bent brake lines at many parts stores. Then all you have to do is bend them yourself. Tool for that isn't to expensive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the heads up. I actually already finished the job. I bought through SS lines and they did give me a discount. The lines fit perfectly and came pretty fast as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts