Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i do injectors im going all out. what else do i need to get with these injectors. turbo?? oil pump??

·
Banned
722 Posts
terminator oil pump setup and a SD fuel pump setup with a d66 or h2e turbo.
Thats what i plan on doing when i do my injectors

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
You had better have a transmission from BTS or John Wood, or the likes if your gonna be putting that much power to the truck.

As state above, you'll need Big Oil for sure, fuel system upgrades, aftermarket turbo(h2e or d66 are the 2 most popular), and you will have to get your chip re-tuned.

But definitely you'll have to have a built transmission from BTS or John Wood or the likes.

Your looking at quite a bit of money.

$4000--$5000 for a tranny
$2400--$3000 for Stage 3 injectors
$2000--$2500 for big oil
$3000 for Hypermax H2E turbo which i'd go with if you are going to go stage 3 injectors

and thats just a start.

I'd say at that HP range, you'll prolly want head studs. Well depends on how much boost your running i guess.

If you were to go the stage 1 injector route however, you wont HAVE TO have all that.

·
Banned
722 Posts
:doh: i cant believe i forgot to say tranny ...

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
How big do you want to go hp wise?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Headstuds are very important and Valve springs are also suggested.

Why are you wanting to go from zero to hero? Climbimg up the HP ladder has been fun for myself and many others. You have an idea on what does what for function, no function and well worth it.

Taking a $6k truck and dumping $10k+ into it in all at once will probably yield instant multiple broken parts.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Your looking at quite a bit of money.
$4000--$5000 for a tranny
$2400--$3000 for Stage 3 injectors
$2000--$2500 for big oil
$3000 for Hypermax H2E turbo which i'd go with if you are going to go stage 3 injectors
This would be my list:
$1500 for a good torque converter and valve body.
$1500 for a DIY Stage-3 Injector Kit. ;)
$500 +- 17* pump (for the OBS trucks)
$1000 +- for H2E and materials and build the mount yourself.
$800 Head studs (you'll need 'em).
$800 Fuel system (you'll need it).
$?.?? Open exhaust and big air filter.
$400 Custom chip (for sure, no Banks or Edge stuff either).

Realistically to run the Stage-3's somewhat safely, you're in the $6500 - $7000 range, minimum...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hybrids were the answer to big HP, before big oil came about.

might as well throw an intercooler in there too. Might as well run a modded H2E while you're at it. Good luck

·
Registered
959 Posts
It does kind of depend on what Stage IIIs you are talking about. B codes will require an oil system for sure. Stage III Hybrids will not. The D66 isn't going to work for either. An H2E would be the bare minimum if not bigger for the turbo.

For your '96 you are going to need a complete new fuel system with an electric pump. The stock mechanical pump isn't going to stand a chance in keeping up.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
For your '96 you are going to need a complete new fuel system with an electric pump. The stock mechanical pump isn't going to stand a chance in keeping up.
Good point GTS, especially with larger nozzles. Plus it's just another reason to upgrade something else:woot:

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Nozzles don't really have an affect on now much more of a fuel system you need. It's got more to do with just the size of the injector as in how many cc they flow. a 160cc injector flows 160cc weather it's got stock or huge nozzles on them.

The aftermarket headstuds on the 7.3L are great. The stock bolts don't hold up well over about 40-45 psi of boost though.

·
Banned
722 Posts
i have herd that the nozzle does matter because you can have a big injector but the stock nozzle can only flow so much.. But thats just what i always hear.

·
Registered
959 Posts
If you have a 250cc injector and a stock nozzle then no you are not going to get 250cc out of the injector so in that case the nozzle might matter. However with a stage I or II they are both 160cc and a stock nozzle will flow 160cc of fuel just fine. It's not until you start getting into the 180+cc range that the stock nozzle is the limiting factor in the amount of fuel you can get out of the injector.

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
I would also think with that much fuel and big turbo will make a huge pile of boost, so to prevent catastrophe, old worn valvesprings should be replaced with heavy duty ones, and same goes for the pushrods, since they can bend on a STOCK truck

·
Banned
722 Posts
ok i knew stock nozzles would flow good enough for stage 1's but i didnt know about stages 2's

1 - 20 of 61 Posts