Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you guys out there with OBS's run beans stage 2's with a stock HPOP and i assume its a 15* one at that. Ive been talking with bean about getting some stuff and he mentioned getting a better pump not dual just a better one. Im wondering if those of you who have stage 2's have had any problems with the stock HPOP setup.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
I've heard people running stage 2's both ways. Yes, a 15* pump will run stage 2's, but no where near as well as a 17*. If I remember correctly, you'll lose quite a bit of low end torque and your power band will be somewhat limited with the 15*. While you probably won't notice with daily driving, you will with a heavy load.

For $475 (new) from IH, it's a good idea to swap it out on your '97. :thumb:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Do the 17* swap. It is definatly worth it. A 15* is just not enough for the stage II's. I use a 17* to run my Hybrids.......

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats what i was thinking and i probably would want to do it anyway cause its a remaned HPOP but everything is gonna have to wait till i get back from the sand box. thanks guys

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
IH's new part number for the remaned 17* is 2589446C91
(just picked 'er up yesterday)

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much did that run you if you don't mind me asking. How much is a brand new one cause id hate to grenade a pump and have its shrapnel go all through out my new injectors

·
Nuckin' Futz
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are you guys who are running the stage 2's are you running the stock turbo. I want a D66 but i don't think that ill be able to get it when i get the injectors. don't get me wrong cause i love smoke but i don't want to be rolling it while im sitting at a stop light and i don't know how that stock turbo will act.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Smoke depends more on tuning than anything else. I have noticed very little smoke difference from my stock turbo to the D-66. I got swamps injectors and the D-66 and a 17* pump. The pump made a good difference in my truck, not a huge difference but noticeable, especially when I watch the ICP. It was about $350 from eBay for mine. I got the new injectors because my old ones got crapped up from a bad load of fuel and I got the new turbo because the shaft broke in my old one. My stock turbo ran 32 psi and cleaned up my injectors pretty good until it broke from too much surging. I have found that I don’t need to replace good parts with high performance parts for the fun of it because they will break soon enough and force me to do it anyway.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have stage 2's on a 15* pump and I can't set the CES light, but maybe I will be able to once I get some hotter tunes from Jody. All I have now is the 80econo, and it's a pretty fast ride, I can't wait to see what his extreme tunes will do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts