Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my jim roosewoods today!! I am planning on installing in the next couple days....

Give me and tricks or tips that might help because i've never done injectors before!!!!!

IM SO PUMPED

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Thats great dude. Bet you will have lots of fun with them.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I would say the most important thing I have heard is to make sure to get the most oil possible out of the #8 cylinder before reinstalling the injectors and/or glowplugs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
to be really safe just give me the injectors

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
If you were closer I would stop by and watch/help the install.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Make sure to purge all that oil, just keep the glow plugs out after the injectors are in and bolted down with no electrical hooked up and crank it over a few times.

I suggest pulling the oil galley plugs to avoid a ton of oil in the cylinders, just be sure to seat the allen bit.

Pretty much everything I covered in my write up

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure to purge all that oil, just keep the glow plugs out after the injectors are in and bolted down with no electrical hooked up and crank it over a few times.

I suggest pulling the oil galley plugs to avoid a ton of oil in the cylinders, just be sure to seat the allen bit.

Pretty much everything I covered in my write up
Thanks matt, i got a few cummins buddies that are going to help me... i cant find anyone on here from around where i live lol it sucksz!!

should be doing the swap tomorrow!

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i got them all done!! I love them (even though it was dark when i finished and very late so i couldnt play)

Pretty straight forward if you have the right tools!!! The correct extensions, sockets etc make all the difference in the world!!

Took me a solid 4-5 hrs of working time and about 8 overall including clean up and getting the truck started and ****

1 - 12 of 12 Posts