Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the stage 1 lift kit and the stage 2 lift kit? the only thing I see is the price difference. any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess a 6in suspension. dont care about the brand

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Ok...6" lifts. That is a start, but what brand did you see the stage 1 and stage 2 lifts for. Many companies don't offer this option. I have a good guess, but until we know exactly what you are talking about it's just that....a guess.
-Aaron

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pro comp is what i saw it had rear suspention and stuff i dont know

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
The most obvious difference that I could see on their site, was it looks like the stage 1 has a drop kit for the radius arms and the stage 2 has new radius arms. I just took a quick look though. If you want to know everything that is different, you could always email or call them and go from there, that way you can make a well informed decision.
-Aaron

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k. thanks alot.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Stage 1 kits have drop brackets making you use the old radius arms and other parts as well as lift blocks for the rear. The Stage 2 kits have new arms, and usually use new spring packs for the rear instead of blocks. In my own opinion stage 2 kits are much better then stage 1 kits.

With other companies this is usually defined as lift kit (stage 1), and suspension system (stage 2).

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Yup I have the stage 2 lift and it is replacment radius arms...... They are worth it just for the look imo.... Drop brackets look cheap and are really visible

1 - 9 of 9 Posts