Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! I am looking to upgrade my stock injectors! I was looking at Bean's Diesel Performance injectors (REMAN'S). The price isn't too bad on these. I want some stage 1's. I am looking for a little bit more power for my daily driver. Does anyone have input on what are better than others? What companies have better customer service? etc. A buddy has stage 1 reman's from bean's and he loves them. Are there any other mods I need done to keep up with the new injectors? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Pretty much any reputable vendor will be fine to go with. Full force, rosewood, beans, swamps all will work. Just a matter of best price, warranty, and customer service.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Rosewood stage 1's are exceptional and cheap. Beans are also great, but 3x the price.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alrighty. Is there anything I have to worry about? I need to take precautions... I don't want to hydro lock my engine. Especially since I am sending in my injectors first (poor college kid). Thank you

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Hydrolock your engine? Just dont piss down the cylinders while the injectors are out :thumb:

·
Registered
154 Posts
When you pull your injectors you will have oil and fuel fall into each cylinder. What I do is instal all the injectors pull all 8 glow plugs and put the valve cover on. Don't forget to put 2 bolts in each valve cover, Turn engine over and it will blow all the oil out of cylinders. pull the covers off and re instal the glow plugs and no more liquid in cylinders. Gonna be smoky on start up first few miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
437 Posts
You can go down to tractor supply and get a large syringe with a plastic end and some plastic tubing (about 2 feet), pull the rear two injectors first and then suck all the oil and fuel out of those cylinders.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all your help guys! I pulled driver side injectors today! It was a pain in the *** learning on my own! But I figured it all out! Now for passenger side tomorrow :) :ford:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Aint it fun trying to get to those valve cover bolts on the rear lol. When ya do the pass side you prob gonna have to remove the vacuum box on side of heater box in order to pull the rear injector out all the way.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aint it fun trying to get to those valve cover bolts on the rear lol. When ya do the pass side you prob gonna have to remove the vacuum box on side of heater box in order to pull the rear injector out all the way.

Those rear bolts were pains my ***! I got them out without stripping though :) I did have to remove the heater box to get the passenger out... But sure enough, it came right out! I managed to get a syringe to remove all the oil... That was another pain! Haha but it's okay! It is all worth it!

http://i.imgur.com/mIIvsl.jpg

They're so beautiful :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys... Forgot to purge the system... Sent off my injectors. Is hydrolock a good possibility right now? Can I drain the oil from the pan? I need help everyone! I am worried :( the new injectors won't be in for a week...

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
draining pan-oil wont drain cylinder-oil. How much is in the rear cylinders?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
draining pan-oil wont drain cylinder-oil. How much is in the rear cylinders?
Ya i don't know. I figured draining the pan would drain the whole system so that there wouldn't be anymore fluid getting in the system. But. I don't know. I'll just bump the starter when I get new injectors! It will work out!

·
Registered
154 Posts
You should be fine.. You already pulled oil out of cylinders. If ur worried put injectors in, pull glow plugs and turn engine over like I said before.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright guys, I got my injectors yesterday. I just have a quick question, when I put the injectors in to the truck to purge the cylinders, do i have to install the gasket and wiring too?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I used a fluid evacuator and sucked all the fuel/oil out of my cylinders when I pulled my injectors. Works great, then no fussing with the glow plugs. For your question, if you mean you have the glow plugs pulled and you want to ecacuate your cylinders I dont think you need the wiring or gasket as you are just turning the motor over with the starter to cycle the crank and empty the cylinders. With that method be weary of fuel getting in your oil.

I recommend the fluid sucker ;)

You can build a welfare one with a water bottle, some hose and a compressor for air.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts