Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dos anyone know where i can get these? and is there anything that i need to do to my truck if i wanna run them?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
matt your the man!

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
you can get them from DIY-Injectors.com

To run them you need to first get intake, exhaust w/3" DP, guages, then custom tunes and I recommend an IC
Once again, Matts got this nailed... really stressing on the important gauges/downpipe part :thumb:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
is there anyone that makes a 4 inch down pipe for the 94-97 year powerstrokes?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
No it will be impossible to fit. 3" is as big as you can sqeeze in there, and i stress SQEEZE.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I second the downpipe, and guages. That is a must. Custom tunes are needed otherwise your not getting much gain from the injectors. As Matt said intercooler would be nice, but alot of guys run stage 1's without one.

At that point that is a good chunk of money and install time. It will be sweet when you are done!

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah right now im running stage 1s without a intercooler but you may want to get a 17* HPOP because im about to upgrade to one because it keeps trowing my check engine light and the code says the injectore pressure is above/belowe desired. this will probubly happen to you as well, my EGTS stay pretty low and i havent hit 1000 yet and im not running a intercooler and i drag my truck so i would get gauges first and se if you need the intercooler, it would be helpfuill to get one but you may not need it depending on how you use the truck

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found a 3.5 down pipe that must be fun to put in. lol and i have a Intercooler off a 99 powerstroke can i make that work?

·
Registered
266 Posts
yes but your going to have to make the pipes fit the truck, most guys use s set of superduty pipes and a set of 6.0 intercooler pipes and weld the besnds together to fit, also you need the y pipe.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
i found a 3.5 down pipe that must be fun to put in. lol and i have a Intercooler off a 99 powerstroke can i make that work?
Believe me dont do anything larger than a 3" downpipe, that is all you need and you will have one hell of a headache trying to start to fit anything larger

and yes that IC will work but you will need to modify pipes and need an early 99 spyder only

Id suggest getting the 99 IC and getting a banks pipe kit

·
Shaking the Bush Boss
9,740 Posts
Believe me dont do anything larger than a 3" downpipe, that is all you need and you will have one hell of a headache trying to start to fit anything larger

and yes that IC will work but you will need to modify pipes and need an early 99 spyder only

Id suggest getting the 99 IC and getting a banks pipe kit
Totally agree!!!!!
Matts correct with dealing with Jim also for the injectors....:thumb:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
making early 99 pipes fit is a major pain. I suggest prefit pipes although it costs quite a bit more. now that im done im glad i did the e99 pipes for the price. at the moment of install I really wished I got prefit pipes.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i got a 3 incher now lol

·
Registered
725 Posts
ok i got a 3 incher now lol
I would recomend you to buy a 3" to 3 1/2" to 4" two pieces DP, then 4" straigh exhaust with a 5" or 6" tip.
also as you have an auto you should get a better tranny cooler like tru-cool 40K and a custom BV and a better TC and if possible synthetic oil.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
I would recomend you to buy a 3" to 3 1/2" to 4" two pieces DP, then 4" straigh exhaust with a 5" or 6" tip.
also as you have an auto you should get a better tranny cooler like tru-cool 40K and a custom BV and a better TC and if possible synthetic oil.
why would he do that? they dont even make one for an OBS, they arent needed

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Noting against DIY injectors, but I run Baby Swamps Just another option

·
Registered
725 Posts
why would he do that? they dont even make one for an OBS, they arent needed
Excusme but I dont understand your question clearly, are you refering to the DP, exhaust, tip, the Tranny cooler, the custom VB, the TC or the synthetic oil? can you elaborate please?.:dunno:

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
Excusme but I dont understand your question clearly, are you refering to the DP, exhaust, tip, the Tranny cooler, the custom VB, the TC or the synthetic oil? can you elaborate please?.:dunno:
Downpipe, there is no need for a 3-3.5-4" DP

1 - 20 of 28 Posts