Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one put dual stacks to one side of there:headbang1: bed i seen a dodge that way and it looked sharp ive got two 6" stacks im going to install but i wonted to see them on a ford

·
Registered
446 Posts
i had mine like that on the right side of the bed took some mods to do it but i like the way it looked unfortunately i never took any pics but mine were 6 inch miters

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
so both stacks on one side?

·
Registered
446 Posts
yeah bout a couple inches apart

·
Registered
298 Posts
Stacks are for village people and should be grounds for immediate man card revocation.
Don't kill the messenger.

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts
I have only heard bad things about stacks... and running duals on a 6.0 sounded bad too... Im happy with my 4" pipe out the back
What did you hear was bad about them?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i love the way stacks look and sound they are just mean as he!! ya you mite have a little more soot but i have 4" out the back and looking for a change and was thinking i could put them both on the same side so my truck would stand out from the others

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
anyone have any pics?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
:popcorn2:I haven't seen any with both on one side.The only down side I have seen with mine is you better make sure you cover them with some thing if rain is coming:doh: Other wise your gonna get a black mess all over the truck.:crazy:

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts
I haven't really seen a PSD with stacks like, but there is a guy here on the org with duals right next to each other in the middle of the bed.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Stacks are for village people and should be grounds for immediate man card revocation.
Don't kill the messenger.
Ha well then who sent the messege so I know where to position the sniper? :rofl:

I have only heard bad things about stacks... and running duals on a 6.0 sounded bad too... Im happy with my 4" pipe out the back
What have you heard bad about stacks? Except maybe from people who dont run rain caps or use some other form of weather protection :dunno:

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
:popcorn2:I haven't seen any with both on one side.The only down side I have seen with mine is you better make sure you cover them with some thing if rain is coming:doh: Other wise your gonna get a black mess all over the truck.:crazy:
I bought my truck with stacks, I did like them but they did get old. Mine were loud (no muffler) since they are right behind the cab. My buddies liked them but the obvious reasons like bed space and not bed cover option really made me decide to get rid of them!

·
Registered
5 Posts
All I have heard about the stacks is the added noise when under load, Yeah it gives you a hard on for the first 10k miles, but it will get irritating to listen to it all the time, especially if the noise is a couple whiners in the backseat complaining about it.

·
Premium Member
22,916 Posts
All I have heard about the stacks is the added noise when under load, Yeah it gives you a hard on for the first 10k miles, but it will get irritating to listen to it all the time, especially if the noise is a couple whiners in the backseat complaining about it.
Do you have stacks, or have had them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I havent had stacks on a psd but i did with an old 6.2 from chevy. I thought about running stacks on this truck but I have other things i want to get done first.

·
Registered
354 Posts
exactly how i felt with mine. But didnt make it anywhere near 10k haha Had them about 3k and couldn't take the noise and or soot all over my trailer after a storm. They went bye bye fast! :hehe: to each there own

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've had my dual six inch miter stacks on for about 3,000 miles. They are a little loud but I've never heard anything that sounds so good. "Loud pipes save lives" right. I've never put anything over them for rain and really never had any issues. I'm debating putting on a muffler because I work 2nd shift and have to plow after so it's kind of noisy for the neighbors.

·
Registered
755 Posts
They are a little loud but I've never heard anything that sounds so good.
My truck has 4" in straight pipe that dumps on the passenger side. My wife picks on me because I drive around with my rear passenger window cracked so I can hear it.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts