Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,307 Posts
Many on here have pieced together their own kit, but most will tell you it's cheaper to just buy a kit with everything in there. I would seriously consider the soliniod selector to run the stacks or dump it out the side or underneath. Stacks can be very loud and irratating on a long trip. Just my advice.

NCH

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many on here have pieced together their own kit, but most will tell you it's cheaper to just buy a kit with everything in there. I would seriously consider the soliniod selector to run the stacks or dump it out the side or underneath. Stacks can be very loud and irratating on a long trip. Just my advice.

NCH
iv lived with the sound of loud pipes for my whole life, so that wont be a problem. I am surprised that diy stacks are more expensive. any recommendations for a kit?

·
Registered
206 Posts
i did my own stacks as well and it was only bout 200 bucks, you just have to look around for pipe and weld it up yourself. go to fab shops and jump in there scrap piles and see what you can find there. its alot cheaper if you do it your self the right way!!

·
Registered
690 Posts

NCH
So the stack at the back window is that much louder than dumped right under the truck? figured they would be close in comparison

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
havnet rode in a truck with the exhaust dumped....but yeah stacks are effin loud on road trips

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
So the stack at the back window is that much louder than dumped right under the truck? figured they would be close in comparison
I had mine dumped at the end of my cab for awhile and my stack is WAY louder.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i say you should just buy a normal single 4 or 5 inch exhaust cause if your truck smokes at all its fun to fill up civics and other rice burners.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.