Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
powerstrokin
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to come up with some ideas to make a guard or incorporate a toolbox with my stacks. I would like to make something so that I can haul dirtbikes easier because with the stacks now they will melt my tires. So I was thinking of making some type of guard for when Im hauling stuff in my bed to protect it from catching on fire, but also for when Im hauling bikes. So maybe a guard with bike chocks built into it or something. Any ideas? Here are some pics of a rack made to hold a box between the stacks..

·
powerstrokin
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any ideas guys? Im thinking maybe something like the first pic except it wouldn't come out as far and then box it in with mesh. That way the pipe could still get airflow and not get too hot.

·
The Fat Mod
12,508 Posts
I just have a regular toolbox on mine. Works pretty well. There are some guards that grand rock and others sell. They are pretty simple. Basicly just a few half circles with some sheet metal over top. It would be pretty easy to fab up.

·
The Fat Mod
12,508 Posts
any ideas guys? Im thinking maybe something like the first pic except it wouldn't come out as far and then box it in with mesh. That way the pipe could still get airflow and not get too hot.
You could do that with some expanded sheet as well.:nod:

·
Registered
623 Posts
i took diemond plate and came out from front of the bed back 9 inchs then down to the bottom of the bed and just completly boxed it in.but good luck with it

·
powerstrokin
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i took diemond plate and came out from front of the bed back 9 inchs then down to the bottom of the bed and just completly boxed it in.but good luck with it
Yea I was thinking of something like that, but I figured the exhaust would get hotter since its enclosed.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
no itll be fine. if it got too hot then they wouldnt make and sell the enclosures for em also ive seen trucks with full diamond plate boxes that have the stacks on still just dont know who sells em.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts