Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

stack options...

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rattlesnake18 
#1 ·
For starters, if you have negative opinions on stacking a truck, please continue on off this thread.

im 22, have a 07 F250 extended cab, and ever since i was 5 or 6 ive always wanted a diesel with stacks. since i finally have the truck, now comes the "making it mine" steps..

im looking for dual 6" aussie style black poweder coated, any input on how i should go? turbo back? cab back kit? not sure where i should start, or what my best choices are..

any input would be appreciated

#2 ·
Turbo back definitely. I have mbrp. I found that buying black stacks are a bit more $, so I ran my chrome stacks for a while then just sanded them down, and sprayed them down with high temperature flat black paint. I bought from auto anything.com. idk of they are a site sponsor or not but they were the cheapest I found

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Did you completely delete the cat? Nys went to new emission laws as of 1-1-14, and no shop seems to have a straight answer if it's all diesels, new, or only semis. Don't want to do all the work and find out I'll never pass inspection... I'll check out the set you have, and how was the work? Pretty simple or no?

#4 ·
I did it in vt and there is no emissions laws on that. It took me more time to remove the stock exhaust then install the new set.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
I did a single 6" mitre with individual parts I bought from a semi supply company. I had a 4" turbo back Banks exhaust before I stacked my truck and I had a muffler shop make me a delete pipe with flanges welded to both end of the pip and the cat so that I could just swap the cat in and out for emissions. When I installed my stack I just cut the exhaust pipe a couple feet back from the last flange on the cat and then stepped up with a 4"-5" reducer to a 5" elbow, then up through the bed to the stack.

I also did the same thing as the previous poster, my stack was chrome so I sanded it down a sprayed it black. The paint has held up pretty good, but I plan on having it powder coated soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.