Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking and couldnt find an answer. If you stack a coil spacer with a axle perch spacer would else would you need to replace besides shocks?

·
Banned
239 Posts
I was looking and couldnt find an answer. If you stack a coil spacer with a axle perch spacer would else would you need to replace besides shocks?
The entire front clip of your truck after you hit the brakes hard and the axle falls out :hehe: Why not just do it right and buy the correct lift?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Actually ready lift sells drop brackets with a 1" perch spacer.They say you can use this along with their 2.5" spacer kit to give you a total of 3.5" of lift.The kit is like 329.00,so its not cheap.So I don't see how you would lose your axle.You can also use a 1" spacer with with the icon level kit also with no problems so I read....

·
Banned
239 Posts
It just seems like a lot of spacer to me - especially since the springs in our trucks are not captured. Brings me back to seeing guys stack blocks (or even use them in the first place...) in the front of a leaf-sprung truck; its just bad practice IMHO.

Actually havig the axle fall out was more of a joke though :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
You mean those 6in blocks under my ole leaf spring f250 is a bad thing...what about the hockey pucks I wasn't for a 12in body lift? Hahaha...I really haven't done either of these.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have 2.5 perches nows and thinking about throwing some 2" coils up under the front and call it a day. So they would have something to grab i just want to know if anything else has to be longer

·
Registered
812 Posts
I think you would have to add an adjustable track bar:dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts