Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am preparing to remove the plow bar from my truck and install a receiver hitch in it's place. After gathering some intel, it looks like I need 2 bolts, 2 nuts and 1 U bracket per side (circled in yellow on the attached pic). Going through the parts fiche on line, there is only 1 bolt on each side in the diagram and damned if it isn't a hard part # to find.
So before I go to the dealer I figured I would ask if anyone has installed a plow bar on their truck and still have the sway bar brackets and hardware they would be willing to sell me.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Circled in this pic...

Attachments

·
Administrator
30,751 Posts
in case no one has some lying around
we have two ford dealers on here that will get you a quote that will likely be far less than your local dealer

sunrise ford and AutoNation WBL look in the vendor section for their active quote threads

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the tip! I assumed I had to have PN info for them. Which is the b!jch to figure out. I'll reach out to one of them if the good ol boy route doesn't pan out.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked some up the good ol boy way. Thanks all!

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:rofl:
Nooo, although those are viable options. Went to a heavy equipment shop that sells and installs plows. Told the guy what I was looking for and he said they probably had a couple. He brought out a bucket of them and said I could have whatever I wanted. Grabbed a set that looked like they came off a new truck and dropped the guy a $20.

Reactions: Heavy_GD
1 - 8 of 8 Posts