Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the 12 teenth time of replacing the drivers side caliper I bit the bullet and picked up an SSBC big caliper kit on black Friday.Finally got around to having everything I needed.Im hoping the calipers,rotors,new master cylinder and complete Crown brake hoses front to back this gets the problem fixed.I can't give much of a performance review because I noticed a coolant leak while installing :mad::poop:.I will say its a noisy setup,which apparently a common issue with rotors of that design.Bolted right up with zero issues,I was slightly concerned about the brake hose,but it worked out well.

IMG_0614.JPG IMG_0616.JPG IMG_0617.JPG IMG_0618.JPG IMG_0619.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
You missed the ABS valve

·
Registered
365 Posts
What WBC pads did you use? I would be interested in hearing how they perform. I have been thinking about trying them out but I'm not sure which compound to use in a heavy duty towing application.

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,749 Posts
I have the same setup, ssbc calipers (front and rear) with ebc rotors, and PMF lines. The stock pads they came with I had to replace after 5K miles as they were screeching. I went with Raybesto pads as a friend of mine basically gave them to me for free since he ended up not using them. 15K miles later still quiet and stops good.

One thing I highly recommend is replacing your hydroboost, you will not unlock the full potential of these calipers without a fresh one. After 180K mine was worn out and was only putting out half the pressure really needed to engage them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What WBC pads did you use? I would be interested in hearing how they perform. I have been thinking about trying them out but I'm not sure which compound to use in a heavy duty towing application.
I didnt use EBC pads the calipers came from SSBC loaded already.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the same setup, ssbc calipers (front and rear) with ebc rotors, and PMF lines. The stock pads they came with I had to replace after 5K miles as they were screeching. I went with Raybesto pads as a friend of mine basically gave them to me for free since he ended up not using them. 15K miles later still quiet and stops good.

One thing I highly recommend is replacing your hydroboost, you will not unlock the full potential of these calipers without a fresh one. After 180K mine was worn out and was only putting out half the pressure really needed to engage them.
Great info!Some of the noise Im experiencing is pad noise.Do you know what vehicle the pads on these things are from?It would have been nice for them to include this info in the instructions.

·
Fire From the Clouds!
1,749 Posts
Great info!Some of the noise Im experiencing is pad noise.Do you know what vehicle the pads on these things are from?It would have been nice for them to include this info in the instructions.
D834 - Rear
D784 - Front

They're a chevy truck/hummer pad.

Reactions: 1NastySS
1 - 11 of 11 Posts