Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My Idler pulley decided it was going to start squeaking worse today. It was making a squeak on start-up, now it squeaks for awhile until it warms up a little. It only squeaks if it has been sitting in the hot sun, but still this noise has got to go.

Anyways, my question. I would very much rather change the pulley on my own, rather than put everything back to stock for a damn pulley :doh: So does anyone know exactly which pulley needs replacing? And perhaps a diagram of it :dunno:

Any info would be VERY much appreciated. I am tired of the neighbors looking at me, and wondering why my brand new truck is squeaking already :doh: :hehe:

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to spray wd-40 on one pulley then the next one (not the alternator) and see when it stops. Then you know which one :dunno:

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's not a bad idea. However, there was a TSB released regarding this issue. So I imagine it would describe exactly which pulley it is on the documentation :dunno:

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes there is a TSB for this issue. I had it done and my problem has been gone for 10K now.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did get a chance to look over the truck as best as I could. I checked the tensioner, I don't think it is that one causing the noise :dunno: Does anybody know which pulley it is that gets replaced under the TSB?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.