Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the trucks in my family is the 6.7 and it hasnt had any upgrades other than a light bar, no egr delete or chip. but the engine cant even drive around the block without stalling out. the fuel has additive and #2 running in it as well as having low fuel pressure coming up on the little lcd screen on the dash as well as the check engine light and battery light, it doesn't help that its -5f to -14f. but my 6.0 that wasn't plugged in still starts without issues. any ideas, before this started it was running well, any ideas whats going on? any help will be great! thank you!! :icon_ford: :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
Still sounds like fuel. Where are the fuel filters? On the 6.4L there is one on top of the engine. If you pull the top off the filter and remove the filter element you can turn the key on and watch the fuel fill up the canister. Takes about 10 seconds to fill it from empty. If the filter is red or black replace them both ($20 for OEM). Sounds like you will find that the fuel will not fill the canister very well. If it doesn't then you know your problem is from the tank to the canister.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure where it is but tomorrow ill take a look at that, i'm use to my 6.0 so i need to do a little more research on the 6.7. one is on the frame rail and the other is somewhere in the engine bay.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yup, kinda sounds like your filters are gelled up from the cold. You didn't say what additive you're using, but an antigel would be suggested. There is a frame mounted filter on the drivers side in front of the fuel tank and an engine mounted filter on top of the drivers side valve cover. Try opening the drain on the frame filter and that will tell you if its gelled.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the main filter on the frame rail was completely jelled up we had added some power service diesel 911, we changed both added the ford additive that they sell up here. but the after we changed the filter we added more #1 diesel in the tank and went for a drive. ill add a picture of the fuel! it was horrible!

Reactions: Heavy_GD
1 - 5 of 5 Posts