Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the best spray on bed liner to use. I have been thinking about it and i want acouple things done with it like in floor on the cow trailer and the beds in the trucks.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Do it yourself? Herculiner.

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
The Herculiner is a good DIY. If you want it prof. done, I say Linex or Rhino. Linex is a little tougher, IMO, but the rhinoliner has a better texture, kind of rubbery.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Linex is the only way to go if your going to use the he*l out of the bed.
Hurculiner, rino lining and all the other liners are apllied cold, linex is applied hot, it gives it a more uniform look a is more resistent to wear.

:twocents:

·
Registered
555 Posts
I just hurculined my bed and a few other thing like my 12 gal air tank... I used 4 coats, and a bunch of prep work... It looks good, and is THINK! I obviosly dont know how long it will last, but its help up these past 2 weeks perfect, and seems like it will for quite some time, plus I am pretty sure you can touch it up... For 90 bucks for the gallon roller, with brush, and rollers you cant go wrong!

·
Registered
492 Posts
i have multiple vehicles done with line-x. the bed of my truck is done and i love it. i also have a 69 toyota fj-40 that is totally done with it. inside, outside, undernieth, everything. it is great stuff. i haven't been around the other stuff much. if you'de like some pictures pm me and ill send them to you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just hurculined my bed and a few other thing like my 12 gal air tank... I used 4 coats, and a bunch of prep work... It looks good, and is THINK! I obviosly dont know how long it will last, but its help up these past 2 weeks perfect, and seems like it will for quite some time, plus I am pretty sure you can touch it up... For 90 bucks for the gallon roller, with brush, and rollers you cant go wrong!

I'd like to hear from somone thats had hurculiner on for a year or more. I know a couple of guy that used that and it looked like crud in about a year of light use. So I never used it, but it could be that they didn't spend enough time preping.

All I know is I used rino lining on my chevy and those rubbery lumps rubbed right off and it peeled like mad.

My linex job on the ford is 2 years old and it still looks new and that's with very heavy use.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys well i need somthing that will stand up to anything i would rather have it done, but do they come with a warrenty

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
Here's a link to the line-x website, Limited Lifetime Warranty

Line-X

And to rhino lining's Nationwide Warranty

Rhino Linings

And again, these are the two I'd recommend, I've got rhino in my truck (almost 2 years, moderate use, and still looks like new) For what you're lookin' for the line-x might be better though, it stands up to HARD use a bit better.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I am restoring a 77 CJ5 and am doing the entire inside of the tub, Linex wanted $1200 Yeah Right!!!! I started doing my research on DIY kits. Herculiner was really hit or miss, as with anything like this it all comes down to prep work. By far the best DIY bedliner I found was called Raptor. There are some on Ebay that sell it. You get 4 seperate bottles and the catalyst and a spray gun. Te results I have seen are very impressive, but again it's all in the prep. I ordered the entire kit for around $120 shipped, still waiting for it arrive. Three bottles is suppose to do a full sized long bed truck so I should have at least 1-2 bottles for touch up. The good news is you can buy single bottles later on if you need touch up. I haven't read of the Raptor peeling or fading like you do with the others. Just thought I would pass on what I found in my research.
NCH

·
Registered
517 Posts
I had LineX installed in a new 03 Ranger and it was great. I did tear it once but they fixed it with no questions or hassles. My wifes truck has Rhino and its ok but I am going to have mine done in LineX, hopefully soon.

·
Registered
258 Posts
If I was paying to have it done I would go with a line x. I have done 2 enclosed trailers with wood floors with Duplicolor and it has worn like iron. We use them to haul scuba and camping gear in and we are not easy on them. I think with all of them that prep is going to be the key.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I will also second that its all based on prep... I also kinda beat my bed up pretty good this weekend... and the hurculiner has held up short term...

BTW Hornet, I have done a '79 cj5 top to bottom, and have quite a bit of knowledge and parts if you get stuck... I put a 304 in mine and have nuthin for the I6, I also have some adresses to jeep graveyards if you are staying original. I will try to dig some stuff up!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's a link to the line-x website, Limited Lifetime Warranty

Line-X

And to rhino lining's Nationwide Warranty

Rhino Linings

And again, these are the two I'd recommend, I've got rhino in my truck (almost 2 years, moderate use, and still looks like new) For what you're lookin' for the line-x might be better though, it stands up to HARD use a bit better.
well i am going to go with linex thanks for all the help guys

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Line-X in my truck is 5 years old and held up perfectly...heavy use.
My last truck had Line-X in it for 8 years.
Only liner i will ever use.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I pulled the plastic dealer bed liner out today.My bed is rusted worse than my antique chevy. It would appear the bed liner rubs the paint out first.Then it rusts.:hehe:Im looking for other uses for the liner.Any suggestions?:hehe:I'll spray one in.My neighbor thinks I should then put the liner back in,after the spray.:dunno:
I think it would make a good sand box outside for the cat.:hehe:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Actually was on the linex site this morning and watched some durability tests they did. They dropped 2 cinderblock, 2 lidht bulbs and 2 eggs from 30 ft up. Everything they had sprayed with the linex bounced but stayed intact. The non sprayed all shattered. Dont know how the rhino liner would do against that kind of testing but the linex seems pretty impresive.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
perfect example my 96' has the rhino and my dads 06' has the line-x the difference is my rhino lasted about 10 years before i had to get it redone, and the rhino is like a rubber that has flex to it i like it better personally. on the other hand is my dads line-x in his, his is like a rock and has no flex, and the down side is when line-x is wet holy crap is it slippery!!!! i almost busted my @ss multiple times in his bed. but they both work pretty good, but i prefer rhino lining

·
Registered
610 Posts
perfect example my 96' has the rhino and my dads 06' has the line-x the difference is my rhino lasted about 10 years before i had to get it redone, and the rhino is like a rubber that has flex to it i like it better personally. on the other hand is my dads line-x in his, his is like a rock and has no flex, and the down side is when line-x is wet holy crap is it slippery!!!! i almost busted my @ss multiple times in his bed. but they both work pretty good, but i prefer rhino lining
do you remember how much it cost to spray in the rhino?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts