But I have a cali model I thought a cali model can't run single shots

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
It can with re pinning and running a federal PCM, or custom tuning

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
Its easy just get a 48 state 48 state PCM which are much cheaper than a Ca one.
You rewire the pcm plug which take a hour.

The obs never seems to run good using a Ca pcm and splits as it just doesn't have the processing power of a SD PCM.

Pm if I can help

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
I'm not currently interested in re pinning the pcm all I want to accomplish is 350 horse, which is around stock power from a superduty

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
OK then will a 1.15ar housing not seem so leggy down low with 160cc stage 1's?

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
FF? Currently 1st gear ie engine spooling up is a bit slow but once past 2000 rpm it wakes up and goes. That is what I really want to get rid of. Would a 1.0ar d66 be too much turbo for the setup you mentioned?

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Look into custom tunes, you will not be disappointed Cary sells the tunes I had on my ccsb Cali model waking up is an understatement for what a chip did for mine

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
Bone stock except a diy 6637. Will be installing gauges at the end of the month. With almost 300000 miles on the stock injectors I wanna have e everything ready to go before they do. A 6 post chip is in the cards but as with everything else one thing at a time

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Bring a down pipe when you come to do gauges, you will thank me later

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
What size is the pipe on the exhaust to the muffler cause I might as well while it's apart

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Your stock exhaust is 3.5" from the cat back, but 3" from the cat forward. I got my last down pipe from amazon, before that it was cp trucks

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
Alright then a 100 dollar stainless dp an a 36 dollar aluminized cat delete pipe will be next if I don't just get the whole stainless system

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey just a quick post... if any of you are contiplating in buying the Hids that Cary offers up for the OBS.... It's definitely worth the money. I just purchased them and can't Believe the projection of light that they give out...dark roads at night not an issue anymore.

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Try posting piks in the mods show off thread, I want his kit it's just the price tag lol

·
Registered
287 Posts
Anybody ever get there chip tuned to run there ad's? Im still running canned tunes but am really thinking about custom tunes. Looking for some insight on if its worth it or not. My truck runs find like it is but i want to get all i can from it.

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
I've known of 2 guys to run them, 1 was on purpose and he enjoyed them with custom tunes, the other gained 4 mpg going back to a single shot (neither of them had a Cali model)

81 - 100 of 110 Posts