Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ill check around in ohio when I get back down there if no luck there ill have you get me one, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
i will have one sunday. buying a parts truck for the D-60. if you want it let me know!

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
A parts truck with a PCM for a d60? Obs psd? And I thought all the PCM codes were 3 letter and a single digit like my mme2? And his mme7, any difference aside from that?

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
A 97 F350 4X4 7.3 auto w/ 277 miles wrecked with a 30k mile rebuilt trans. not a good body part left on the truck. pics will come tomorrow

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Make a thread lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
A parts truck with a PCM for a d60? Obs psd? And I thought all the PCM codes were 3 letter and a single digit like my mme2? And his mme7, any difference aside from that?
There's that code and then there's another code which would be the DPC 202 thing, i don't fully understand it but I was doing research and there's a ton of different 3 letter 1 number code that goes with the DPC 202 code so idk lol and ol blue you have a PM on the way

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
re: CA 7.3 Split to Single shot

Aloha Cary!

I know it has been a while and saw your replies to this thread. As you may remember we spoke about this very subject a few years back (after you helped me switch from my ttb front end to your reverse shackle d60 system along with the rear springs off of a SD). I have a 96 CA 7.3 and have been wanting to convert over to the single shot injectors too. So, it sounds like what you are saying, all we have to do is change to a DCP-202 48state computer? How about the Bosch Dampener? Do we just leave that in or is there a way to take it out-bypass it? I am hoping to replace my mechanical lift pump with a new one (stock for now) and was trying to figure out all the parts to replace when doing this job and at the same time if I can take out the Bosch dampener, I would do it. If it is more trouble than it is worth, then I will keep it in.

Hope you are doing well. Mahalo!

If you can't find one let me know I can get you one..shouldn't be that hard to find.

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Matt did a write up on re pinning the PCM, and just go e fuel :poke

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
re: aloha, thanks

Aloha 351fifty-

Thank you for the links-info. I am assuming that my 1996 CA truck is very similar or the same as ol_Blue's 1997, when it comes to doing this swap.

I wish there were a way to get rid of the Bosch Fuel Dampener on these CA trucks, but it sounds like with the 48state PCM in and the single-shot injectors, the truck will run fine.

Thanks again.
Mahalo

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
Frank has a 48 state truck, it is not a California model, I just sold my 97 Cali model, but if your going to swap injectors then get bigger ones, not smaller, and as far as the dampened goes I am not sure, it's more so a way to keep the fuel pressure from spiking and dropping like it does normally, the best way to combat this is with e fuel, although my Cali truck ran and hauled much better than my dually does and my dads dually as well, both have single shots

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aloha 351fifty-

Your Cali truck, did you keep the Bosch Dampener in after you swapped the 48state PCM and larger injectors? I am thinking about putting in 160cc stage 1's after doing the PCM. So, curious as you said that your truck ran better, assuming it had the larger injectors, the 48state PCM and you kept the Bosch Dampener? Look forward to hearing from you.

Mahalo!

Frank has a 48 state truck, it is not a California model, I just sold my 97 Cali model, but if your going to swap injectors then get bigger ones, not smaller, and as far as the dampened goes I am not sure, it's more so a way to keep the fuel pressure from spiking and dropping like it does normally, the best way to combat this is with e fuel, although my Cali truck ran and hauled much better than my dually does and my dads dually as well, both have single shots

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
I never swapped that stuff, stock for stock my Cali model ran better than my 48 state model, I'm just informing you going to singles and not 160+ cc sticks

·
DERAIL MOD!!!
23,192 Posts
But the truck ran smoother, and pulled much better having split shots, I do miss my Cali model rig

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
Will I have an issue with blowing black smoke if I put ad code (140cc) injectors in my 97 cali model?

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
It will provide 20cc more fuel so yes, that and your 15* HPOP if your chip will provide less pressure than a 17* which can't keep up either when chipped.

IMO Better option is single shots 160cc's the HPOP will keep up fine but you will need a 48 state PCM for best results. Want more HP just add a chip.

·
over thinking everything
1,170 Posts
If I swap in a 17* t500 to accommodate the extra oil demand how would I reduce the chance of black smoke

61 - 80 of 110 Posts