Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 02 with strait pipe, DIY intake and a DPTuner chip, and zoodad. The last couple of days I have noticed when I first start it up, and hit the accelorater a little bit to get things going, it will sputter when giving some fuel. I dont let it warm up for fuel economy reasons. And it is blowing ALOT of white smoke when the happens. The only thing I can think of that I have done different is got some fuel from a buddy of mine from his transfer tank. Could it be sediment in the pump or line?

Also I am hearing a humming noise the I have never heard before, coming
from the in-line-filter/ pump under the drivers side door.

Anybody have a clue what id could be?

Zach

·
Registered
25 Posts
?? water, when was the last time you drained the filter of water, when was the last time you changed the filter? its the first place to start with a diesel when you are describing the symptoms that you have.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
?? water, when was the last time you drained the filter of water, when was the last time you changed the filter? its the first place to start with a diesel when you are describing the symptoms that you have.
The fuel water catch thingy? I have not drained that but I guess I should get my arse out there and do it.

The fuel filter at the top of the engine has been changed about 7000 miles ago.

Is there another filter I am missing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
yep, you got it. it is not always the problem,but on a diesel it is just the first place you should always start. it is the cheapest part on the truck, and the most common to have a problem. you could have some water, and the light for water in fuel is not coming on, or it could just be a little pluged up. put a 5/16 hose on the drain tube under the pass side right above the crossmember and then you can catch the diesel in a cup and have a look at it. i just leave the hose on, and i have never removed it so every time i do not have to search for it, and i never spill a drop changing a filter.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:doh: Cool I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info man, I really appreciate it!:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts