Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My speedo just bit the dust at 200K. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
check your fuses or rear wheel speed sensor. they are relatively cheap.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
check your fuses or rear wheel speed sensor. they are relatively cheap.
There is a speed sensor on the transfer case or the transmission. I don't remember exactly where but it is located on one of those two.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So sensor either on the tranny, transfer case or rear wheels eh? Well it hasent caved totally yet. Somewhat intermitent. Ill do some checking. Thanks guys. "what do ya mean I was doing 75? My speedo says I wasnt even moving. Your radar is faulty."..........lol

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
So sensor either on the tranny, transfer case or rear wheels eh? Well it hasent caved totally yet. Somewhat intermitent. Ill do some checking. Thanks guys. "what do ya mean I was doing 75? My speedo says I wasnt even moving. Your radar is faulty."..........lol
There is a sensor on the rear axle. But there is another one that is either on the transmission or the transfer case. I don't remember exactly where. But I do know that there is two sensors and the one is deffinately located on the rear axle differential housing.

Sorry for confusing you.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
What other stuff is not working? Is the ABS light on? Is the OD light on the shifter flashing? Does it shift normal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ABS light is on. Its a 6 speed so it shifts fine.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
HaHa...It is not a 6 speed. It is a "Bolt Action".

I believe it is the VSS on the rear axle. $26 from the dealer. It only requires a 10mm wrench. I had one go on my truck last November.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Bolt Action"...........lol. Got that right.:)

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
ive had the same problem on an old truck, it was the speed sensor. very easily changed and was by far the cheapest fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts