Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A WAY TO REMOVE MY SPEED LIMITER WITH A TONY WILDMAN CHIP I WENT TO THE DRAGS THE OTHER DAY AND I THOUGHT I WAS OVERBOOSTIN BUT IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT AT 90 MY TRUCK JUST LOOSES POWER LIKE A PEED LIMITER IS KICKING IN AND ITS REAL IRRITATING

·
Registered
110 Posts
HEY I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A WAY TO REMOVE MY SPEED LIMITER WITH A TONY WILDMAN CHIP I WENT TO THE DRAGS THE OTHER DAY AND I THOUGHT I WAS OVERBOOSTIN BUT IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT AT 90 MY TRUCK JUST LOOSES POWER LIKE A PEED LIMITER IS KICKING IN AND ITS REAL IRRITATING
a simple programer from superchips or sct will fix you right up.

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THOSE WONT WORK WITH THE TONY WILDMAN CHIP RIGHT???????????

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THAT WOULD BE AN0THER 150 BUCKS FOR THAT

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YEA BUT I DONT REALLY WANNA PAY 150 FOR A DPEED LIMTER WHEN I THOUGHT IT WOULD ALREADY BE ON THE CHIP

MAYBE IT IS AND MY TRUCK JUST WONT GO OVER 90 I DUNNO

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
speed limiter would be set at less than 90 from the factory wouldn't it? I would have thought that your aggressive tunes from Tony would have already removed that limiter. I would just call him directly. BTW-I thought Tony re-burns chips for free...isn't that what everybody says??

later

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Its not the programing on the chip. The speed limiter is raised considerably above that. Your truck was shutting off on the dyno wasn't it?

Have you pulled any codes? Did you put a boost fooler on it?

Next time you are heading this way, give me a shout and we can do some testing.

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not the programing on the chip. The speed limiter is raised considerably above that. Your truck was shutting off on the dyno wasn't it?

Have you pulled any codes? Did you put a boost fooler on it?

Next time you are heading this way, give me a shout and we can do some testing.
YEA I THINK I MAY HAVE FIGURED IT OUT... YEA IT WAS SHUTTING DOWN ON THE DYNO DUE TO OVERBOOSTIN BUT I THINK THAT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MY PEDAL I GOT DOWN THERE WITH A OHM METER LAST NIGHT AND ITS NOT READING ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE PEDAL SO MAYBE THATS THE PROBLEM OR MAYBE NOT I DUNNO BECAUSE WHEN I WAS ON THE DYNO WHEN YOU UNPLUGGED MY MAP SENSOR MY SPEDO GOT BURIED SO I DONT REALLY THINK ITS YOUR PROGRAMING MATTER OF FACT IM DARN SURE ITS NOT THAT I JUST THINK THERE IS OTHER FACTORS THAT ARE COMING INTO PLAY ON THIS THATS LIMITING IT....

OH AND THERE IS NO CODES WHAT SO EVER EXCEPT THE OVERBOOST CODE WHICH I THINK I FIGURED THATS FROM BEFORE I DID A DIY BOOST FOOLER AND NO MORE SES LIGHT....

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
speed limiter would be set at less than 90 from the factory wouldn't it? I would have thought that your aggressive tunes from Tony would have already removed that limiter. I would just call him directly. BTW-I thought Tony re-burns chips for free...isn't that what everybody says??

later
THATS ONLY IF YOU BUY THE CHIP FROM HIM AND ME LIKE A DUMB AZZ I ORDERD THE CHIP FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE AND THEN PAID FOR A REBURN IF I WAS SMART I WOULD HAVE JUST ORDERED THE CHIP FROM HIM AND HAD FREE REBURNS AND HAVE A HAPPY WALLET WHEN I GET STICKS TURBO AND WHAT NOT.... BUT I THINK ONE DAY I WILL JUST SELL THIS ONE AND ORDER ONE DIRECTLY FROM HIM

·
Registered
738 Posts
so if you pay for the $150 reburn of a TS for Tony's tunes, do you get the free reburns after that? Or is it $150 every time?

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
150 EVERY TIME RAUL ASKED HIM ABOUT THAT

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
I am deciding on that subject, I haven't fully made up my mind on how I want to handle that. Stay tuned.

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
COOL THAT WOULD BE COOL MAYBE EVEN IF YOU CHARGED A REBURN FEE THEN LIKE GET ONE FREE OR HALF PRICE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT WOULD BE COOL TOO BUT I GOT TO HAND IT TO YOU .. YOUR CHIPS ARE THE BEST LOVE MINE.... GOT TO GET A NEW CLUTCH TO HANDLE IT THOUGH

·
Registered
738 Posts
maybe offer a one time reburn for the $150 and another unlimited reburn for a little higher. Honestly i was under the impression for over a year that even if i didn't buy the chip from you, that you would reburn it free according to new mods and such if i payed the $140(what i was quoted a few months ago). Only when Raul started selling them did I hear about the one time reburn unless you bought the chip from you or him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts