Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 12k on my 2020 f250 cc. Recently returned from a mini vacation in Montana where posted speeds are 80 on the interstate. On two lanes, typically 65-75, had to double jump some slow rv'rs in hilly areas and this truck hits the speed limiter super quick- so passing and not accelerating can be spooky..
I understand tire ratings, safety, and testosterone side affects.. !!
So flame if you like- (yawn...)
I am happy with hp and torque... unhappy hitting 93-94 with a truck trailer still to pass in hills..

anyone know of tuner/forscan ability to remove limiter???

·
Registered
38 Posts
Corey, is the reason it's not cheap because its not able to be done through an OBD2 device yet?

If so, does it even look like that "code" will be cracked anytime soon?

I know Ive asked a similar question about tuning on another topic but is something that seems as simple as removing a speed limiter also tied to all of that?

·
Vendor
12,885 Posts
It's not as terrible as I thought it was going to be. $375 to adjust/remove the speed limiter plus shipping. You'll have to send the ECM in.

I'm not sure exactly when flashing through the OBD port will be available.

Nothing is "simple" on a 2020 ECM. It's taken 100's and 100's of hours decrypting the ECU logic to figure out what controls what, then understanding what map tables are tied together.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
But how fast will it go before the explosion occurs? Can I safely tow my horses at 100mph?

Reactions: ZMANN

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
But how fast will it go before the explosion occurs? Can I safely tow my horses at 100mph?
As long as the horses are wearing approved helmets

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spirit

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's not as terrible as I thought it was going to be. $375 to adjust/remove the speed limiter plus shipping. You'll have to send the ECM in.

I'm not sure exactly when flashing through the OBD port will be available.

Nothing is "simple" on a 2020 ECM. It's taken 100's and 100's of hours decrypting the ECU logic to figure out what controls what, then understanding what map tables are tied together.
Thanks for the info!

You'd think we could pay one of the Ford tuners for inside info on the ECM programming! We could do a group buy to pay for inside secrets on the new programming and let him know we'll advertise his name as "sirbakesalot" so Ford wont get suspicious.

I'll get on the incognito recruitment! lol

Reactions: ZMANN

·
Vendor
12,885 Posts
Tuning companies do pay very big money for that information, and there is not group buy that would cover it to make it feasible. I have heard through some resources that some pay well over $10k a year to "rent" a single file base definition so they can write a tune file.

L5P Tuning for complete packages are $3-4k.

Hence why I still drive old dinosaur 7.3's at my shop. Lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts