Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy just put 20" King ranch wheels on his '06, up from the 18" stockers.

Will this effect the speedometer, and give him a different reading, or no since it is electronic?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
if the tires are taller then his stock ones yes it will be off ... gear ratio dont effect the speedo but tire diameter does since its picked op off the tone ring in the rear diff

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, that's what I kind of thought, but I wasn't sure since it's all electronic, I didn't know if it would "adjust" to the difference.
What would he have to do to recalibrate it?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
superlift true speed or superchips tire paq

now I went from a 30" tall to a 33" tall tire and im only out 6km/h or 3.7mph not worth bothering

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I did the tru-speed and it works perfect.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Superlift true-speed seems to be the most common,...it's been around for years....it does work pretty good.

But if your looking for the newest thing on the market,.....try the Speed Wizard.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I did some research and I think I was intimidated by all the calculations you had to do yourself. It did seem like a quality product.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The dealer can recalibrate the speedometer for the King Ranch tires and wheels. But if you are going to run larger tires than that you would have to get a Truespeed or Wizard.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:thumb:Thanks guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts