Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been testing the Spartan TCM/310 combination in my job one F450 and all I can say is WOW. Just got another revision in the 310 tune for the TCM last night and it just keeps getting better an better. I can't comment on the improvements that will be seen in the Job 2 and 3 trucks, but this is a must have combination for the Job 1 trucks. This last update in programming not only firmed up the two shifts that were a little softer than I like, but also has added some more power also. The way this truck pulls at WOT just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Just when I thought the 310 tune was at is max in the power dept. Matt keeps finding more. Others maybe able to make power, but I haven't seen anyone even come close in transmission tuning. The adaptive learning time is short and the shifting is spot on. In short, yes it's going to set you back a bit of money, but if you can swing the 310 tune,TCM,Suncoast it's money VERY well spent.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I can't wait to get the new parts installed! Plus your 5 inch DP!!!!

Sean, any interest in going to NED? We are looking to rent the track in the next few weeks......

Mike

I've been testing the Spartan TCM/310 combination in my job one F450 and all I can say is WOW. Just got another revision in the 310 tune for the TCM last night and it just keeps getting better an better. I can't comment on the improvements that will be seen in the Job 2 and 3 trucks, but this is a must have combination for the Job 1 trucks. This last update in programming not only firmed up the two shifts that were a little softer than I like, but also has added some more power also. The way this truck pulls at WOT just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Just when I thought the 310 tune was at is max in the power dept. Matt keeps finding more. Others maybe able to make power, but I haven't seen anyone even come close in transmission tuning. The adaptive learning time is short and the shifting is spot on. In short, yes it's going to set you back a bit of money, but if you can swing the 310 tune,TCM,Suncoast it's money VERY well spent.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spartan is taking a factory TCM and make changes to it that really improve the way these trucks shift. It must be used in conjunction with Spartan tuning to match.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Mine came in today!!! Should be going on the truck tomorrow afternoon sometime

·
Registered
89 Posts
I got a question. Does this TCM also work with the fully built suncoast transmissions? I have the 275 tune but the shifts in the lower gears are still really rough. Does the TCM help smooth out these first few shifts?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
It does work with the Suncoast tranny. It replaces the current TCM in your truck. The Suncoast doesnt have anything to do with the actual TCM...I am guessing that the TCM in your truck is still the original one from the factory, right?

·
Registered
570 Posts
So if I'm not a track racer or a sled puller just street race every once in a while, when I order the 310 for my job2 is it still recommended to do the TCM upgrade or even the Suncost direct solenoid or both?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
The TCM and a Suncoast torque converter are reccomended, not the direct solenoid...

·
Registered
89 Posts
It does work with the Suncoast tranny. It replaces the current TCM in your truck. The Suncoast doesnt have anything to do with the actual TCM...I am guessing that the TCM in your truck is still the original one from the factory, right?
Yea I still have the stock TCM with my suncoast tranny.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Sorry not trying to derail but whos making a 5" dp? Can someone PM me a price and a ETA?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I don't think there is a 5" downpipe...thought 4" was as big as you could fit in there.

·
Registered
570 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
will the TCM help without the torque converter
Help, yes. Prevent torque converter slip in the long run with the 310, most likely not. It will prolong the life of the tranny, but not make it invinsible. The 310 is stout guys, there are a few of us experiencing some top end converter slip with it. Mainly job 1 trucks, but it will take it's toll on a stock converter no matter what. That is why the Suncoast converter is reccomended as well :thumb:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I believe the Suncoast converter would be a must based on the way the 275v4 tune locks out, which some have commented on as being almost identical to the 310. I think the Suncoast superduty rebuild kit was reccomended as a smart addition to the package because a) its seriously stout and, b) it would be out anyway to install converter.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
how do you find out what job your truck is... I know this has been asked but i cant find it anywhere...
What is the build date of the truck you have?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts