Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just sold my 09' MegaCab Dually 4x4 Cummins, i was running a ts performance mp-8 and smarty stacked, upgraded cp3 pump, ARE intercooler, DPF delete and egr block off, ATS torque convertor(replaced twice)...

Truck made 592hp/ 1563trq dyno

Fast, But it broke alot, too many mods!!!!

I now bought my 2008 F250 6.4 4x4 Poerstroke, and I am looking at removing the DPF immediatley, bought a AFE Cold air intake (not really impressed), looking at exhaust 5" cat back no mufflers, EGR ??? what do you ford guys do with these??? Block off plates, leave them on, or what ???

Everybody tells me the 6.4L's just need intake, exhaust, and spartan?? TRUE???

I am looking into the spartan, but don't know where to buy it?

I don't want to go as radical with this truck, I would like to keep the fuel system and tranny stock, not looking to get those numbers just want something fun to drive and reliable!!!

Thanks guys,
Gino

·
Registered
172 Posts
Spartan Diesel Technologies

Just click on the link above

WELCOME TO THE SITE :)

i have heard wonderful things about this product and company. Just look them up on this site too and read for yourself. I do plan on getting one once i get back from Iraq with the extra change in my pocket. :nod:

good luck,

Dom

·
Registered
574 Posts
Here's their number (828) 606-3263

Or you can email [email protected]

or [email protected]

Just include a phone number where you can be reached and they will return your call. If you have any questions, you can always call me: 828-702-3461

·
Registered
641 Posts
S&B intake, downpipe back exhaust, spartan 310, dynod at 592 I think is the highest with this setup. Spray it a little and have around 750. You can do block off plates if ya want even though tuning disables it, not too many people doing full egr deletes yet.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
As they all said above, Spartan tuner and CAT/DPF pipe to start. These truck take ALOT with stock parts. The Spartan tuning is second to none, your tranny will love you for it. We have tuners in stock and ship same day. We can put packages together from tuner and delete pipes to complete turbo back exhaust systems made in the USA, air intakes,Suncoast tranny's and parts, anything you need. Let Aaron or I know if we can help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So s&b on the intake???

We didn't see any noticable gains on the 6.7's w/ s&b ???

And no need to block off the egr?

WOW I am liking this already!!!

I guess you guys are saying with less clutch slipping for softer shifts and trq convertor lockups, this spartan can actually help tranny life???

And talked to my service buddy at the dealer, and he said he didn't care about the dpf delete or intake, he just said remove the tuner b4 bringing it in!

I should have bought another f250 sooner...:woot:

·
Registered
577 Posts
There is also RCD custom tunes with a livewire from SCT, there 585 tune hit 592hp on Jesse's truck and that was on 37's. His numbers might have been higher on stock tires. I think defuser is selling a 5" downpipe back kit made by flo-pro. There is also a few different people making 4" down pipes. Cobbs has block off plates and is working last I heard anyway on a intake elbow that removes the egr valve. I would also recomend trans upgrades on the RCD 585 tune or Spartan 310 tune. If you really want to get nuts with it RCD is coming out with a full aftermarket turbo setup S300 over S400 I think. With the larger turbos HPFP upgrades or even duel fueler when avalible as well as sticks would be recomended.

·
Registered
529 Posts
RCD would be a great way to go also, but I love my Spartan too. I don't think you can go wrong either way. When I do a downpipe, it is going to be powerstroker67s (Sean's) and if you are looking for someone to get you these parts I would definately go through Aaron or Sean at Rudy's Diesel Performance. Great guys to work with. If they don't answer when you call, they usually call back pretty quick, have great prices and get everything out to you FAST. I was having a few issues with my truck yesterday and Aaron once again stepped up and helped me out a lot, I really can't believe how great of customer service he has.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Flo-Pro will have a stainless 4" ball and socket downpipe for $299, just thought I would throw that out there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So s&b on the intake???

We didn't see any noticable gains on the 6.7's w/ s&b ???

And no need to block off the egr?

WOW I am liking this already!!!

I guess you guys are saying with less clutch slipping for softer shifts and trq convertor lockups, this spartan can actually help tranny life???

And talked to my service buddy at the dealer, and he said he didn't care about the dpf delete or intake, he just said remove the tuner b4 bringing it in!

I should have bought another f250 sooner...:woot:
Do you have a maunual or automatic. If you have an automatic your transmission should be alright up to 275 additional horsepower but you will need a dual disk clutch if you have a manual.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have a maunual or automatic. If you have an automatic your transmission should be alright up to 275 additional horsepower but you will need a dual disk clutch if you have a manual.
Auto tranny, looking into the spartan v.s. rcd custom tunes...

I installed the S&B and removed the afe...

Wow, funny how AFE runs the roost in Cummins, and S&B in PowerStroke, and Volant in Duramax...:crazy:

Does the spartan come with the dashdaq? Cause my sct has an ugly display...

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Yes, the DashDAQ is the tuner...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, is there a reason everybody goes with the 4" TBE ???

I thought with twins a 5" would be better...:dunno:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
just got the 310 tune and trans controller but i would get SPARTAN i used to have the SCT but i am pleased with my spartan and go with the 275 tune to start out with no need for the trans controller with the 275. spartan also has the best trans tuning a lil better than rcd.

·
Registered
175 Posts

I don't know if it makes much of a difference....maybe a little deeper sound with 5in. which is what i went with

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts

The biggest aftermarket downpipe that can fit in there is a 4". The sequential stock turbos are fine with 4" exhaust. You can do a 4" downpipe into a 5" downpipe back exhaust though :thumb:

·
Registered
288 Posts
if you already have an sct livewire you can put the River City Diesel (RCD) tunes on, and there suppose to be pretty legit as well, as stated before.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Auto tranny, looking into the spartan v.s. rcd custom tunes...

I installed the S&B and removed the afe...

Wow, funny how AFE runs the roost in Cummins, and S&B in PowerStroke, and Volant in Duramax...:crazy:

Does the spartan come with the dashdaq? Cause my sct has an ugly display...
^^^^^
:thumb::rofl:
But yes... the dash daq is the tuner. awesome display. Spartan > SCT.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok the exhaust I ordered is from the down pipe back and it is a weld on kit...

I want a bolt-on 5" cat/dpf delete, with a dump over the back axle???

Any ideas guys???

Also I am ready to buy my spartan, is there someone I can get both of these from????

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Not sure about the dump, but you can get exhaust and tuner from Cobb's Diesel Performance

1 - 20 of 29 Posts