Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my programmer, and am wondering which tunes everybody is going with. I am not getting the 250 hp for now because I haven't put a CAI and exhaust on the truck- YET! I do alot of towing and don't want to have problems with exhaust temp, but I do want to get as good of fuel mileage as possible. Any input is appreciated!!! :icon_ford:
James

·
Let's Run'em
17,845 Posts
I just got my programmer, and am wondering which tunes everybody is going with. I am not getting the 250 hp for now because I haven't put a CAI and exhaust on the truck- YET! I do alot of towing and don't want to have problems with exhaust temp, but I do want to get as good of fuel mileage as possible. Any input is appreciated!!! :icon_ford:
James
Never tow with the 250HP tune, you'd be pushing it with the 210HP tune depending on what you towed, so the 150-75HP tune should be the max I would put on there while towing :nod:

·
Registered
16 Posts
They don't all come loaded. During the process of buying the DashDag you will let spartan know what three tunes you want, not including the 250 tune, it is extra.

For me I am getting 3-4MPG better (210 tune), and have a lot of power!!!!

Do some reading, there is a lot of info on the board about this subject.

·
Let's Run'em
17,845 Posts
They don't all come loaded. During the process of buying the DashDag you will let spartan know what three tunes you want, not including the 250 tune, it is extra.

For me I am getting 3-4MPG better (210 tune), and have a lot of power!!!!

Do some reading, there is a lot of info on the board about this subject.
I know......alot of the info is mine

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I would pick 75/150/210/250

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tunes

I know......alot of the info is mine
Wow!!!!, yes you are right. I have read MANY of the post you have left, and often times I wish I had your experience and knowledge with the 6.4. The post I left was for laketimejv, who started the tread.

I was not taking any shot at you. I hope you don't think I was.

One can look at the number of posts (and truck)and can tell the knowledge base. I have not been trouble shooting people here. Again what I put was for the originator of the post. Sorry for any confusion.

Maybe I will just read more, and type less. :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
This may be a dumb question. So does the DPF delete file come loaded automatically or does that count as one of your three choices?

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Unless you ASK to keep your DPF then all the tunes are DPF delete.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Last weekend i towed my 10K lb trailer with the 210 tune thru some real steep hills and it was awesome i have mechanical gauges and just kept an eye on everything the egt's were real manageable as long as i didnt use the cruise up the big hills cause it would creep up a bit but all in all 10 fold better than the program 6.0 ever was...

·
Let's Run'em
17,845 Posts
Wow!!!!, yes you are right. I have read MANY of the post you have left, and often times I wish I had your experience and knowledge with the 6.4. The post I left was for laketimejv, who started the tread.

I was not taking any shot at you. I hope you don't think I was.

One can look at the number of posts (and truck)and can tell the knowledge base. I have not been trouble shooting people here. Again what I put was for the originator of the post. Sorry for any confusion.

Maybe I will just read more, and type less. :(
No worries bud......next time just hit the "quote" button so that everyone knows who you are talking to :thumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just wish I could get the tunes. My D/D showed up a week and a half ago and I have not been able to get an email response with the info to get this thing working yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts