Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have been searching for awhile and maybe im not typing the right stuff but, my question is does spartan do tunes for the 6.0? and if they do do you just use the sct to load them on the truck or do you have to buy the phalanx? i went to there website and didnt really find much for the 6.0 is it only for the 6.4? im most likely going to get erics tunes but was curious about spartan for the 6.0. i have an sct x3 but no tunes yet any help would be awesome thanks!:icon_ford:

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Matt used to write custom SCT tunes but doesn't have a licensing agreement with them anymore. I believe hes working on tuning for the 6.0's but it will be with the dashdaq setup just like with the 6.4's. I'm not sure what the progress is on that project, I'm sure others will be along that know more...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Dont run spartans tunes for the 6.0L trust me. It will burn up your FICM. they're free, so u get wat u pay for

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dont run spartans tunes for the 6.0L trust me. It will burn up your FICM. they're free, so u get wat u pay for
Why do you say it will burn up the FICM? I have been running the Aggressive Street for quiet some time and have no problems but this makes me worry...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I think I read that his tunes are out for the 6.0L dashdaq but I am not totaly sure.....and I have not tried the free tunes.
Since you already have the x3 I would go with erics tunes, I am really pleased with mine.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
you must have had some other problem if it burned up with FICM..i know a few people who have ran them without any problems

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
remember if you use the old free tunes from spartan they are more of a generic custom tune. It is not written for your specific mods.

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
Spartan does have thier tuning ready for the 6.0L. It is on the dashdaq format. I have run tunes from matt for quite a while. There are not many tuners that I haev not run tunes from. He may not have the 6.0L on his site yet, but if you already have the x3 I would give Eric or one of the other tuners a call. I am sure that any of them can take good care of you.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
This is a totally BOGUS comment. SCT tuners don't do ANYTHING to the FICM. They're not CAPABLE of tuning the FICM. The recent MASS of FICM failures are due to the inductive heating flash Ford put out 2 years ago. It's been well documented. I don't know or care where you got your info but it's TOTALLY FALSE.

·
Registered
289 Posts
go with cale way better customer service

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is a totally BOGUS comment. SCT tuners don't do ANYTHING to the FICM. They're not CAPABLE of tuning the FICM. The recent MASS of FICM failures are due to the inductive heating flash Ford put out 2 years ago. It's been well documented. I don't know or care where you got your info but it's TOTALLY FALSE.

Well its a good thing that iam getting my FICM tuned because eric is removing that inductive heating....:woot:

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I had him take mine out too. I was running a borrowed FICM that had the buzz flash in it and it definitely made more difference in cold starts than the inductive heat flash did. I don't know what the winter time results will be, but that's what the block heater is for anyway.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I've run spartan tunes since I got my xcal 2 they are free. I'm looking at getting a few tunes and depending onif I can get them thi week will be going with either rcd or bts(cale). I am completely satisfied with the tunes I have just curious what the difference will be the new 35" tires are slowing me down a bit

·
Registered
420 Posts
I had him take mine out too. I was running a borrowed FICM that had the buzz flash in it and it definitely made more difference in cold starts than the inductive heat flash did. I don't know what the winter time results will be, but that's what the block heater is for anyway.

Yeah eric was saying it will be a little rough on cold start ups but once you plug that block heater in she will fire right up:thumb:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
how do you find the free spartan tunes

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
thank ya sir

·
Registered
425 Posts
your welcome

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Thank cartmenea..... The tunes are great for the price and some guys have dynoed erics tunes and the difference is not that much on the hot tunes.

·
Registered
703 Posts
go with cale way better customer service
I agree, I got his 140 tune this past friday. he went out of his way for me, tune is sweet!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts