Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Spartan set for four days now and just hade a question about a few things to compare my truck to some one elses I have the spartan 210 tune delete pipe 4" mbrp single exhust and s+b intake with 37" rubber F250 crewcab shortbox I dont get much black smoke its a turd until the turbo whines up and my milage is only still 13 mpg just wondering if this is normal or is something up with my truck is there anyway to tell the computer that I am running 37 s I didnt see that option on my dashdaq:dunno:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
You cannot set the tire size in there...it will not adjust the speedo...not yet

·
Registered
31 Posts
i hope you get better then 13 ? are you adjusting the tire size when you calulate your milage? my guess is about 10-18 % better then what you odometer reading givin then tire size vers stock? so you may be getting as much as 17 miles to gallon.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
if you are trying to use your dash to calculate, with those tires, give it up. also, from all my research, the tire size on the 08 can not be adjusted beyond a 35.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not really using the dashdaq at all already had egt gauge just wanted the tunes so how do you calculate the milage with the tire difference because i did it normal and it was like 13.4 mpg are any of you runing the cat delete also

·
Registered
31 Posts
best why is to use gps . most have speedo setting , but you can find a radar trailer like in constuction zone . drive buy and look at the speed it say and look at your speedo and see how far its off. or get your gear ratio and tire size and find the scale in four wheller mag and it will tellyou you real ratio and follow the chart to due the math. but a good guess is you reAding slow because you put bigger tires on about 10% per inch of tier size over stock.so i think you off by about 15-20 % reading slow because you went bigger. so its only guess but due some home work and you can get better read on milage.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
another easy cheap way is this...
set your cruise at 60 mph. use a stop watch. time how long it takes to go 1 mile on your odometer. divide that time in seconds, by 60 seconds(the time it would take if your speedo was perfect). so say it takes 54 seconds 54/60 = .9 or 90%, meaning your speedo would be 10% off. with my 37's i am almost exactly 10% off.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I went from 17's to 20's last fall and my odo is off about 8 miles per 100 miles driven. If I set the GPS trip thing to 0 and set the trip meter on the truck to 0 then drive exactly 100 miles according to the truck trip meter, the GPS will show 108 miles driven. So I just add 8 miles per 100 miles when I hand calculate my MPG's. However, here lately the truck MPG meter is pretty much right on with my calculated mileage. I think it learned the routine or something????

·
Registered
14 Posts
another easy cheap way is this...
set your cruise at 60 mph. use a stop watch. time how long it takes to go 1 mile on your odometer. divide that time in seconds, by 60 seconds(the time it would take if your speedo was perfect). so say it takes 54 seconds 54/60 = .9 or 90%, meaning your speedo would be 10% off. with my 37's i am almost exactly 10% off.
:thumb:

With 37's 10% should be very close. I used my gps to figure it out and for the last 10 tanks of fuel it hasn't changed one bit. So when you fill up next time just add 10% to your od milage and you should be a lot closer.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
13.5 mpg could be close to 15 mpg (10%) or 16 mpg (20%) depending an circumference ratio based on actual speed difference. However the fuel metering has likely changed with the tuner. This means the AVG MPG calculated based on the speedometer might be off anyway. So the AVG MPG displayed might be low for the indicated speed but closer to right for the actual speed. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
5 Posts
need advice on a tuner

i was thinking ab gettin the spartan phalanx tuner and was wondering if anyone had any problems with getting denied factory warranty work but it looks like a pretty solid system i will be retaining the dpf and running the 150 tune:icon_ford:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have had my Spartan set for four days now and just hade a question about a few things to compare my truck to some one elses I have the spartan 210 tune delete pipe 4" mbrp single exhust and s+b intake with 37" rubber F250 crewcab shortbox I dont get much black smoke its a turd until the turbo whines up and my milage is only still 13 mpg just wondering if this is normal or is something up with my truck is there anyway to tell the computer that I am running 37 s I didnt see that option on my dashdaq:dunno:
I had a Spartan on my 2008 truck and didnt see much mileage gains on the 210 or smoke. i got a couple more MPG's when i bought the 275 tune, and ALOT of smoke. Even with the Spartan my truck got about 12 to 13 all the time with a best of around 14.5. Before Spartan the truck got about 12 mpg on interstate, it was terrible. The 2010 I have gets good on highway, still not so good in town!

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Dang, this thread is old lol. This thread was before I became a member on this site. Warranty work is not an issue if you put the truck back to stock. If you don't, you will likely be denied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts