Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to tune my 6.4 to increase my mileage but not damage the truck. dont want the same problems I had with the 6.0. I was told intake and exhaust would improve mpg didnt happen. sct tuner and egr delete would help didnt help it just kept getting worse every time I would change something went from 19 mpg to 15 after every thing was done. dont need that crap again just tell me what really worked for you not what you read or heard.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
if you want mileage and 0 issues get a dpf delete and run the stock/no dpf tune from spartan. you'll get very little power increase(only from the lack of the dpf) but you should see a decent gain in mpg. and you'll add no stress to the drive train

·
Registered
214 Posts
or just run the 210 tune haha gives u all the power you seem to need and good gas mileage yu dont seem to be like myself and others where the 274 is just not enough power haha

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
or just run the 210 tune haha gives u all the power you seem to need and good gas mileage yu dont seem to be like myself and others where the 274 is just not enough power haha
Thats where the "275" and 310 tune come in :thumb:

:hehe:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I want to tune my 6.4 to increase my mileage but not damage the truck. ........ just tell me what really worked for you....
Spartan did increase the mileage. Very pleased with it all around. On a highway trip pulling the boat, I used the 275 one way, then the 210 coming back home, in my experience the 275 did better fuel mileage than the 210.

I personally don't think the tuner is going to tear the truck up. Driver stupidy or abuse, ya, I can see it breaking stuff, but just daily driving and occasional gunning it here and there, prob not. :thumb:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you want mileage and 0 issues get a dpf delete and run the stock/no dpf tune from spartan. you'll get very little power increase(only from the lack of the dpf) but you should see a decent gain in mpg. and you'll add no stress to the drive train
What would you consider a decent gain in mpg. Dont think 2 mpg would be worth spending 1500 bucks unless fuel goes back to 4.50 a gallon.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
If you do a delete kit with the Spartan tuner you will see a mileage gain as long as you dont drive too aggressively. Running a 250 HP tune and using the additional power all the time will not net you a MPG gain, you have to drive for mileage. Turning 37's with a 6" lift doesnt help much either.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts