Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished the install of the dash daq put on the delete pipe and the mileage seems to be worse then with the dpf there. The display in the truck is reading 12mpg around town, with the dpf I was getting 14mpg on the dash display. What gives

thanks
Darrell:dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Run a full tanks through it and hand calculate your mileage see if the display is still accurate. IN most cases after tuning they are not

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
I agree..but normally the computer tells you better then what you are actually getting..not worse.

run full tanks filled to brim..figure your mileage..dont go by the computer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't go by the truck gauge. Mine did the same thing. I also am driving around town on the 210 and my mileage has increased by 2 mpg.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Thats no good, keep us posted after driving some more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Display is way off!!! I was getting 9-11 hand calculated and display would always say 12 to 13 Havent been empty enough to tell with SCT but it sure feels I stop ALOT less, even being loaded.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what about Matts claims that you should see 17-19mpg around town. If the mileage is no better then off it goes and the dpf goes back on.

I am still running the stock intake wonder if that is making the difference

·
Registered
281 Posts
what about Matts claims that you should see 17-19mpg around town. If the mileage is no better then off it goes and the dpf goes back on.

I am still running the stock intake wonder if that is making the difference
What speeds do you drive at?

How much idling does the truck do?

Do you give it long warm ups?

You have no info about your RIG in your SIG so give us some info about it.

I getting 17 to 23 mpg depending on what I am doing with my truck, and 13.5 towing!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK

here ya go, the truck has 5500miles on it stock intake,no lift, stock conti tires,I drive mixed mileage to work and back I don't idle in traffic much and run no more then 70mph and I'm easy on the go pedal.The only thing that is done it the dpf delete and the spartan tuner.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Weird that everyone else reports mileage increases.....

Something is up.

If you are using the trucks meter to check your mileage its not accurate...not immediately.....you need to allow the truck to learn. I have about 500 miles on mine with the tune now, and I checked my mileage yesterday, it was 18% off from what the truck said...that 18% is cause of my tires being bigger, so really the truck is showing accurate MPG...

BUT...for the first few hundred miles my truck was showing way wrong numbers on the meter..weird

·
Registered
589 Posts
i can get 500 miles out of a tank highway compared to 350-375 so id say its a noticable gain. but if i run the 75 or 150 it isnt much better than stock, better but no were near what i can get with the 210. i get more pulling with the 210 than i got empty stock

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
You should get in touch with Matt and see if he can help you out.:nod: Something isn't right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts