Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Spartan and loaded up the 250 tune. First of all... WOW!! Totally changed the truck. But, I have a question. What is the difference betweeen the 250_1 and the 250_2 tune? Also there is a 250_1_NEGR tune, I suppose that is for trucks with EGR block plates? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
574 Posts
If it's a job 1, 2, or 3 when you turn the key on it releases the -1, or -2 tunes by reading the strategy code of the truck. If you have a level 3 license after loading a tune, it will release the negr tunes. Those are used for blockoff plates and for egr removal...

·
Proud to serve!
179 Posts
If it's a job 1, 2, or 3 when you turn the key on it releases the -1, or -2 tunes by reading the strategy code of the truck. If you have a level 3 license after loading a tune, it will release the negr tunes. Those are used for blockoff plates and for egr removal...
Mick, My tuner either didn't come with those tunes or if it did I need you to tell me how to get to it. I'm getting ready to do the EGR block off and need to know what tune I need to run? Thanks!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Is you tuner a strategy flash unit? Another-words did it have the tunes pre loaded on the sd card. If it did they you have all the tunes unless you have not updated your tuning files. If you do not have the 310 tune you will not be able to get the egr delete tunes. That part of the upgrade. Do you have a tuning files folder on the sd card? If so here's how to update the tuning files folder:

Tech Support - How do I update my Tuning Files?

If you have an old style unit then you need to email us requesting to upgrade to strategy flash....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome... thanks again man. What do I need to do to get registered on the spartan site?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts