Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) From a stop, accelerate the vehicle to 55-60 mph at approximately 1/4 throttle. DO THIS TWICE.
2.) From a stop, accelerate the vehicle to 65-70 mph at approximately 1/2 throttle. DO THIS TWICE.
3.) From a stop, accelerate the vehicle to 70 mph at approximately 3/4 throttle. DO THIS TWICE.
4.) From a 40 mph roll, press the accelerator to the floorboard quickly (forcing the truck to downshift) and accelerate to around 75 mph.
5.) From a stop, acclerate to 75 mph at wide open throttle (press the accelator to the floor immediately). DO THIS 2-3 TIMES.

I hope this helps guys! This is straight off the procedure sheet :thumb:

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
THis just sounds fun.....:woot:

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Yeah, it does sound like fun.. I was trying to figure out where I can do this without getting a ticket/arrested.

Out near my ranch there is a road 1 mile long that doesn't get much traffic. It's not quite flat though. I'll give it a try.

The other possibility is that Matt has just sent me a NZL (near zero learning) version of my tunes. I'll have to give these a try too.

·
Registered
742 Posts
are those speeds by the speedo or actual speed (gps) for us boys w/ larger tires? I don't have the tcm or new 310 but i figure i'd go ahead and ask for those that do

·
Registered
88 Posts
I loaded my 210 tune yesterday. Should I do something similar for the factory TCM to re-learn?

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Probably do the same as stated above. I dont have one, but I read a lot about them.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anyone know for sure the procedure needed for re-learning the factory TCM? Is it needed when loading Spartan for the first time on my truck?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You could do it, yes. It would probably be the best thing to do right when you load the tune up for the first time so that your transmission learns your driving habits.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i have a job 3 with the latest 310 tune but not the tcm upgrade. truck seems to be shifting funky between 4th and 5th. do i need to do this relearning process without the tcm upgrade?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a job 3 with the latest 310 tune but not the tcm upgrade. truck seems to be shifting funky between 4th and 5th. do i need to do this relearning process without the tcm upgrade?
It wouldn't hurt to do it this way. It is a reccomended learning process, so I would do it even if I didnt have the new TCM. :nod:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Each time you load a tune or re-load a tune do you need to do the learning process over each time with the TCM, waiting for my TCM and would like to get all the info I can, so I don't have to bother Mick as he is so very busy right now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
should this be done in 2 wheel drive or 4 or does it matter?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2 wheel drive excpet on the full throttle passes. Do 4 wheel on those so you dont burn your tires off. Just always remember to turn the 4 wheel drive off pretty quickly

·
Registered
120 Posts
2 wheel drive excpet on the full throttle passes. Do 4 wheel on those so you dont burn your tires off. Just always remember to turn the 4 wheel drive off pretty quickly[/QUOTE]

Why is that?? Guys are now running their trucks up to 120mph locked in.

·
Registered
474 Posts
2 wheel drive excpet on the full throttle passes. Do 4 wheel on those so you dont burn your tires off. Just always remember to turn the 4 wheel drive off pretty quickly
The four wheel drive will not disengage until you let off the trottle anyway, correct? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
It wouldn't hurt to do it this way. It is a reccomended learning process, so I would do it even if I didnt have the new TCM. :nod:
I am about to install my new TCM, and I do not have the directions. I do have the relearn process, but not the install/removal directions. Is it a simple plug and play???

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
I am about to install my new TCM, and I do not have the directions. I do have the relearn process, but not the install/removal directions. Is it a simple plug and play???

Mike
The instructions say to take the negative terminals off the batteries. After that there is two ways to do it. One is to remove the 2 13mm bolts to remove the TCM and bracket as one piece. A ratcheting wrench is good for this. You also have to remove a rubber/plastic "splash shield" that covers the side of the TCM you are working on to get to those bolts.

The other way is to get a 8mm short socket and a swivel-head 1/4" ratchet and just remove the two 8mm bolts that hold the tcm to the bracket. This way you won't need to take off the splash shield.

I didn't have a 1/4" swivel ratchet, so I had to do it the hard way. It was still only like 10 minutes. The electrical plug is easy to remove. It has a release handle that not only unclips it, it also separates it. The install is the reverse of the removal. Blow out the electrical connector. When you separate it, it will probably get some dirt and debris in there.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Eli,

Your the MAN!

Many Thanks!

Mike

The instructions say to take the negative terminals off the batteries. After that there is two ways to do it. One is to remove the 2 13mm bolts to remove the TCM and bracket as one piece. A ratcheting wrench is good for this. You also have to remove a rubber/plastic "splash shield" that covers the side of the TCM you are working on to get to those bolts.

The other way is to get a 8mm short socket and a swivel-head 1/4" ratchet and just remove the two 8mm bolts that hold the tcm to the bracket. This way you won't need to take off the splash shield.

I didn't have a 1/4" swivel ratchet, so I had to do it the hard way. It was still only like 10 minutes. The electrical plug is easy to remove. It has a release handle that not only unclips it, it also separates it. The install is the reverse of the removal. Blow out the electrical connector. When you separate it, it will probably get some dirt and debris in there.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts