Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right folks! All Spartan Tuners now come pre-loaded out of the box with all tunes up to 250RWHP available at your finger tips! We have plenty in-stock to go around let us know if we can help! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
dont they have to have your strategy?? or are the tunes not custom written for your specific truck?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
It has different strategy tunes I believe that you choose from I believe, dont quote me on that though

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
All the custom tunes are pre-loaded on the SD card dependant upon your strategy!
So how does one get the strategy if they dont have a tuner yet? just curious, because i am really thinking about a 6.4 and want to research every aspect of this tuner set up.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
So how does one get the strategy if they dont have a tuner yet? just curious, because i am really thinking about a 6.4 and want to research every aspect of this tuner set up.
You don't need your strategy until you get the tuner....

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the tunes are loaded on the tuner when the customer gets it, thus the work pre-loaded! No more waiting for tunes! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
I think he is trying to figure out how do you preload the tunes without having the strategy. Are they canned tunes like on the SCT? Without the tuner we can't get our strategy and without the straregy you can't preload the tunes. Right?:dunno:

·
Registered
641 Posts
So is the 250 one of the 3 tunes you get to choose from now?

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
So is the 250 one of the 3 tunes you get to choose from now?
Thats right folks! All Spartan Tuners now come pre-loaded out of the box with all tunes up to 250RWHP available at your finger tips! We have plenty in-stock to go around let us know if we can help! :thumb:
That's what he said. Except he didn't say you have to choose. YOu get them all.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Still confusing! You have to have the DashDaq in order to read your engine and trans strategies. You then relay that info on and they write tunes accordingly. If the tuner (DashDaq) is preloaded with tunes, how can they be right? :dunno: Maybe I'm just not understanding. I already have tunes, just chiming in! :thumb:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Still confusing! You have to have the DashDaq in order to read your engine and trans strategies. You then relay that info on and they write tunes accordingly. If the tuner (DashDaq) is preloaded with tunes, how can they be right? :dunno: Maybe I'm just not understanding. I already have tunes, just chiming in! :thumb:
I think they are loading all of the tunes, with every strategy code onto your SD card if I am reading it right. Then you find your stategy out and pick your tunes accordingly?

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the tunes for all strategies are on the SD cards the DashDaq reads your strategies and matches it against whats in the database on the tuner/SD card and selects the tuning files available for your strategy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well that's just straight up cat daddy! No doubt time saving! :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is awesome, This might be just the thing that got me. So it has all the tunes up to 250? So say I order this and get it sent to me whats all involved in getting this thing running.

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
I think he is trying to figure out how do you preload the tunes without having the strategy. Are they canned tunes like on the SCT? Without the tuner we can't get our strategy and without the straregy you can't preload the tunes. Right?:dunno:
pretty much what i was getting at. how do you get the strategy to pre load my tunes, if i dont have the tuner to get you the strategy?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Since we have basically unlimited memory with an external SD card, a full set of tune files for each strategy are stored in a protected format on the card.

The tuner scans the truck upon initially loading a tune file, identifies which files to match, and lists the available matching files for your strategy code based on what is read.

It has all the benefits of a pre-loaded tuner, but flashes a full strategy-matched file instead of a reading the existing file and modifying it on-board like most generic flash devices.

All users will have access to the Stock No Regen, 40HP, 75HP, 120HP, 150HP, 175HP, 210HP, and 250HP (the 250 is now included free of charge) right out of the box.

For existing users, there will be a new updater program coming out in a few weeks that will allow all existing tuners to be switched over to the new flash format for anyone who wants it. It will, however, only work on tuners with a single VIN license- it will not work with multiple vehicles (new tuners that need to be used for multiple trucks can be switched back to the old format)

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
pretty much what i was getting at. how do you get the strategy to pre load my tunes, if i dont have the tuner to get you the strategy?
If you're still confused, the tuner comes pre-loaded with all tunes for all possible strategies. When you get the tuner, the tuner determines your strategy, and then selects the appropriate tune.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts