Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a fully built suncoast transmission installed and i am curently running the 250 tune. The Shift points on the stock tranny felt firm and were perfect. As you can imagine with the suncoast, the tranny is very stout and very firm. When running the 250 tune the shifts are rediculous with the suncoast. It feels as if it is going tear the driveshaft in two, or worst. The entire truck jumps when it shifts and sometimes my radar detector falls off the window, its that bad. With the stock tranny i felt comfortable doing 4wd launches but now i am afraid that the tranny will hit the gear so hard that it will snap something else. Is it possable to build a tune that preforms better with this built transmission?

Thanks
Evan

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didnt get the tunes redone. I reloaded the same tune but didn't get a different one yet from spartan. I tried emailing them and sent numerous pm's but no responce. I am wanting a new tune to work with the tranny just cant get in touch with them.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
that would probably be your problem then.
The program still thinks its a stock trans and is raising line pressures too much for the built one.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Have you shot Matt a e-mail or called spartan they should be able to get you fixed up:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
I had a fully built suncoast transmission installed and i am curently running the 250 tune. The Shift points on the stock tranny felt firm and were perfect. As you can imagine with the suncoast, the tranny is very stout and very firm. When running the 250 tune the shifts are rediculous with the suncoast. It feels as if it is going tear the driveshaft in two, or worst. The entire truck jumps when it shifts and sometimes my radar detector falls off the window, its that bad. With the stock tranny i felt comfortable doing 4wd launches but now i am afraid that the tranny will hit the gear so hard that it will snap something else. Is it possable to build a tune that preforms better with this built transmission?

Thanks
Evan
Shoot me a PM I will get the info to the proper channels! :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts