Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im sittin in my truck in the garage with my foot proped up on the door a beer in the cup holder and my dashdaq in my hand (im a happy guy right now thanks john) I did the ford parameter search deal but was wondering which one I should run for my egt sensor and which one for boost. I was planning on running trans temp, boost, and egt.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
EGRTA – Pre Turbo EGT
High Limit 2000
High Warning 1600
EOT – Engine Oil Temp
High Limit 300
High Warning 230
ECT – Engine Coolant Temp
High Limit 275
High Warning 225
FRP – Fuel Rail Pressure
High Limit 30000
High Warning 27500
Low Warning 4500
FRT – Fuel Rail Temp
High Limit 200
High Warning 140
TFT – Transmission Fluid Temp
High Limit 275
High Warning 220
MGP – Manifold Gauge Pressure
Max Depends on you
High Warning Same as above

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey guys im sittin in my truck in the garage with my foot proped up on the door a beer in the cup holder and my dashdaq in my hand (im a happy guy right now thanks john) I did the ford parameter search deal but was wondering which one I should run for my egt sensor and which one for boost. I was planning on running trans temp, boost, and egt.
Rub it in why don't ya?:rofl:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I monitor EGT's, engine oil temp, engine coolant temp, fuel rail pressure, torque slip rpm, and a few others with the DashDAQ. I monitor trans temp and boost with my mechanical gauges.

·
Registered
570 Posts
EGRTA – Pre Turbo EGT
High Limit 2000
High Warning 1600
EOT – Engine Oil Temp
High Limit 300
High Warning 230
ECT – Engine Coolant Temp
High Limit 275
High Warning 225
FRP – Fuel Rail Pressure
High Limit 30000
High Warning 27500
Low Warning 4500
FRT – Fuel Rail Temp
High Limit 200
High Warning 140
TFT – Transmission Fluid Temp
High Limit 275
High Warning 220
MGP – Manifold Gauge Pressure
Max Depends on you
High Warning Same as above
Rudy maybe you can enlighten me. I don't understand some of the limits like oil temp, range is 230-limit 300. When mine hit 240 on my truck everyone said my oil was toasted and maybe even the transmission. Why is the high limit set at 300 instead of 240 or so?

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Rudy maybe you can enlighten me. I don't understand some of the limits like oil temp, range is 230-limit 300. When mine hit 240 on my truck everyone said my oil was toasted and maybe even the transmission. Why is the high limit set at 300 instead of 240 or so?
High warning is what you want to watch out for. The high limit is just what the max the guage goes to, really does not mean anything.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
just curious i never see any 6.4's with guages.. only with the livewire and dashdaqs?? is this the only way they can be ran??

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
just curious i never see any 6.4's with guages.. only with the livewire and dashdaqs?? is this the only way they can be ran??
no you can run mechanical gauges just like on anything. As jeff stated, he runs them

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone think the egt gauge on the dashdaq is WAY off. I ran the dashdaq to see what the egts would hit with the dpf on and the factory tune and it said 1400 on a WOT run with factory setting. When I had my mechanical gauge on it would barley hit 1000 on the factory tune. I had my egt prob on the drivers side manifold

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I have the Autometer Cobalt gauges. I love mechanical gauges.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Is there a way to hook a nitrous gague into the dashdaq?
the dashdaq is monitoring all the factory stuff, so i doubt you can hook a gauges into it.
As far as your egt's highest i have seen in stock with my dpf is like 1100

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
My EGT's were maxed out at 1760 on the DashDAQ right before the end of the 1/4 the other night. I have it set at 1600 to go off. Every pass but one it went off once, but on the last pass I made it went off twice.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the dashdaq is monitoring all the factory stuff, so i doubt you can hook a gauges into it.
As far as your egt's highest i have seen in stock with my dpf is like 1100
I talked to tuner tools and he said it can be done. Im working on putting my kit back on today.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts