Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my dpf and was wondering if it made any diference if I replaced the doc also. I don't know exactly what the doc looks like but I think it the part before the flange. I looked up in it and I can't see how air will go through it. Is anyone replacing it or gutting it? :dunno: And buy the way this spartan pipe doesn't look that good I should have ordered from someone else on this part

·
Registered
250 Posts
Search for "gutted dpf vs. delete pipe.....I asked the same about a month ago...you'll hear it all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I received my dpf and was wondering if it made any diference if I replaced the doc also. I don't know exactly what the doc looks like but I think it the part before the flange. I looked up in it and I can't see how air will go through it. Is anyone replacing it or gutting it? :dunno: And buy the way this spartan pipe doesn't look that good I should have ordered from someone else on this part
I wasn't impressed with the DPF delete pipe either. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a complete DOC/DPF/muff delete made from 409ss. It was bent and fitted very nicely. I'm not sure of the gains by removing the doc, I'm pretty sure I lost mpg, but I must just be an idiot, and i'm gonna put the doc back on temporarily for mpg results.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts