Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were to start, about 4 weeks ago I ordered a tuner and dashdaq from Spartan diesel it was going to be shipped out after matt got back from, fun ford weekend so I went ahead and removed my exhaust and built a custom 5in exhaust from the down pipe back. I was called from Donna from Spartan and was told that it was not going to ship. This is what I found out Matt did not like the quality of the product and would not release or put his or Mikes name on some thing that would not be trouble free. So they started working on a different product, and I can tell you it is awesome!!! Ok I get back to it I was not able to drive my truck do to the exhaust so matt called and said that he was going to be about 4.5 hrs from me doing testing and that if I could fine a way to get the truck to him he would flash the truck. So I had a friend pull my truck on a 20 ft trailer 4.5 hrs Matt and Mike started working on the truck about 5:30 pm last night. When the truck was flashed something went wrong and one of the modules would not reset and the truck would not start. While they where getting set up to flash the truck they asked if I had any trouble with the truck in the past. I told them that I had to take my truck in because of a ruff idle, and that when the ford tech was reflashing the truck the techs computer died because he did not remember to charge it. I was standing there and herd him say [email protected]#. Then the service Manager came out and told me that the where going to have to order a part and it was going to be about 2 weeks due to a back order issue. Ok so I waited 2 weeks and they called and said we fixed the truck and that I could pick it up. The truck ran fine well last night Mike found that ford just put a module in and did not flash the truck this will work but if any work is done or any thing needs to be reflashed the module will fail because it was a mix match. So Matt and Mike worked until about 11:30 last night and they where able to recover the module and reflash the truck. Then the fun part the test drive my truck has the American force 22.5 wheel conversion kit with 255 tires and I can light them up I was able to do a donut in a parking lot the truck is awesome now. I was able to spend about 10 hrs with matt and mike the phones ring about every 30 seconds these guys are working around the clock to get every thing correct so there is no trouble when the product is released. I have owned many performance products in the past and the one coming from Matt and Mike is the badest thing I ever seen. Be patient this is worth waiting for !!!!:woot::woot::woot:

·
Registered
589 Posts
glad to hear that matt and mike are the stand up guys i thought (knew and hear) they are.:respekt:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I'm glad they got everything worked out for you! Sounds like incredible customer service. Congrats on the upgrade:woot: I look forward to doing mine soon. Thanks for the update.:thumb:

·
Registered
818 Posts
For so many people to be looking for these two guys and for all the work they have to do, that tells you alot about them and thier business when they take 6 hours out of there busy day just to help 1 person out and get there truck running right. I havent met either one but they seem like the best to do business with.

·
Registered
139 Posts
sounds like they are committed so when is the product avail?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hmm. I had a similar experience to yours when Ford went to flash my computers and they had to replace the TCM because it wouldnt start. They said they flashed it afterwards but now I have to wonder if they did and if I will have problems.

·
Registered
589 Posts
the first shipment "should" from what i understand and dont hold me to it be in the mail the begining of next week. if matts home thursday works all weekend i'd imagine some will be going out by monday. and the same for make.

but i have no idea this is just speculation and im bascially guessing!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Glad to hear they got your truck smokin! I've only dealt with mike @ KEM and all I can say is that he's the MAN!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
originally posted by 4linkedford
I was able to spend about 10 hrs with matt and mike the phones ring about every 30 seconds these guys are working around the clock to get every thing correct so there is no trouble when the product is released. I have owned many performance products in the past and the one coming from Matt and Mike is the badest thing I ever seen. Be patient this is worth waiting for !!!!
originally posted by Stroken49s
For so many people to be looking for these two guys and for all the work they have to do, that tells you alot about them and thier business when they take 6 hours out of there busy day just to help 1 person out and get there truck running right. I havent met either one but they seem like the best to do business with.
This is truly just an AVERAGE day for these guys. If you have the pleasure of spending a day w/ them you'll understand. Maybe this will give folks a little bit of context when they expext an immediate response to a post (posts) on this forum and others. These "stand-up" guys are BUSY ALL THE TIME working hard for us "diesel-heads" so we should cuttem' some slack. :thumb:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
589 Posts
does anyone know how to get ahold of donna (< i think thats her name) at spartan so i can see if my name is on the list. if you have it you can just pm it to me, thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MY truck is SICK looks like i will be replacing the 255 big rig weels soon if I can't learn to lift my right foot. Matt and Mike told me the tune they gave me is about 480 to the ground, and when i get my tuner it will be even more!!! They are the best, took care of me and they where even going to pull a part off matts truck to fix mine but they did not need to. Matt was 1000 miles from home and was going to give me a module off his truck just to get mine running that CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! PS we do have Amish in indiana. inside joke.

·
Registered
589 Posts
thats awesome! glad to hear it rips. i cant wait for mine. i've got a ****y kid in a new silverado that needs to be tought some manners when i get my tuner!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
372 Posts
I wish I was closer to those guys. I am a bit worried about the computer issues. Long drive for me to go meet them though!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No worries spartan will take care of you trust me!! you will love the power. Nordberg that kid is going to get his a$$ handed to him if you go with spartan!!!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just spoke to Donna...I am on the list :woot:

She said the DashDaq's will be in before the normal flash devices ( 2 weeks )
They seem like very good people and very straight forward. The dashdaq looks sweet and has tons of features.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts