Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone running there tunes? and are they any good? i just dont see to many people talking about them and thought id ask.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
There are people on here running their tunes as well as tunes from Innovative Diesel (who is a site sponsor.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats good. im running dj's tunes (who is a site sponsor also). but i want to know about spartans tunes. i want to know what kind ot track times they run and hp/tq numbers.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The best place to find out that info would probably to email spartan diesel. I don't hear from many people that run spartans tunes on this forum.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I've run tunes from all 3 mentioned. Spartan and Innovative produced very similar track times--too close to really tell a difference. I think the best way would be to get tunes from both and try them in your truck since all drivers/trucks seem to respond differently to different tuners.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've run tunes from all 3 mentioned. Spartan and Innovative produced very similar track times--too close to really tell a difference. I think the best way would be to get tunes from both and try them in your truck since all drivers/trucks seem to respond differently to different tuners.
what trans tuning do you like better???????????? more then likely im going to buy all the top tuners highest tunes. id just like some insite from people running them.

do any of the custom tuners have dyno paper work?

·
Registered
214 Posts
originally posted by STROKER06
I believe npccpartsman and granny may still hold the record for highest hp from just a SCT tuned truck w/ 441hp on a Spartan tune. Tim's being modest.:nod:

I've been very pleased w/ my Spartan tuning.:thumb:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Banned
0 Posts

I believe npccpartsman and granny may still hold the record for highest hp from just a SCT tuned truck w/ 441hp on a Spartan tune. Tim's being modest.:nod:

Stay Tuned
Amp
Don't confuse senility for modesty!:hehe:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Stay Tuned
Amp
is that tune alone or with a couple of other mods?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Dyno numbers are just that.......numbers. What matters is what your truck does at the track or how it drives. You can use dyno numbers for tuning or bragging or whatever, but when it comes down to the end of the 1320 or the top of the hill and your truck is ahead or still pulling........that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I got a max tow tune from Spartan. Took me awhile to get it.. Now I want to tweek the file alittle.. I have talked to Matt atleast 4 times and he says shoot him an email. Everytime I do but still no response. It has been atleast 2 months now since the last email.. I do like the file. The egt's stay way down, just wanted to change the shifting..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Dyno numbers are just that.......numbers. What matters is what your truck does at the track or how it drives. You can use dyno numbers for tuning or bragging or whatever, but when it comes down to the end of the 1320 or the top of the hill and your truck is ahead or still pulling........that's all that really matters.

yes and thats the point of having custom tunes and knowing what all of them do. that way if your at the strip and want a fast time you can put that tune in. or if your on the dyno and want high hp/tq numbers you can put that tune in.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Just had to say that I :agree::nod:

Granny and I just talked exactly about that last night! :hehe::thumb:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Ever heard the term "dyno queen"? You can have a wicked nasty dyno file that you can't run or drive on the street. Dyno's are good for learning but not necessarily good for driving. I have tested a couple of files that I would't load in my truck again. Not because they don't run good, but because they run too good. I would venture to guarantee you that every top SCT tuner out there has files that run a LOT better than what they sell, but they can't afford to put them on the street because they don't want the reputation of "HIS TUNES BLOW STUFF UP".

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I got a max tow tune from Spartan. Took me awhile to get it.. Now I want to tweek the file alittle.. I have talked to Matt atleast 4 times and he says shoot him an email. Everytime I do but still no response. It has been atleast 2 months now since the last email.. I do like the file. The egt's stay way down, just wanted to change the shifting..
this is all I ever read/hear about spartan tunes. There was once a fellow who preached spartan up the ying yang on this forum because his truck was built by spartan, however, he now runs innovative tunes. I Pmed him on another site and asked him and he told me his straight up, no BS, real life comparisons. I've also read of some people needed some "tranny tweaking". That combined with waiting for months I haven't found the reason to pay to try other tunes when eric is able to get me incredible tunes same day. That is my opinion I would tell anybody that asked me about spartan's tunes.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
I would venture to guarantee you that every top SCT tuner out there has files that run a LOT better than what they sell, but they can't afford to put them on the street because they don't want the reputation of "HIS TUNES BLOW STUFF UP".
Not that you need my approval, I would definitely agree to that comment.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
this is all I ever read/hear about spartan tunes. There was once a fellow who preached spartan up the ying yang on this forum because his truck was built by spartan, however, he now runs innovative tunes.
You're refering to LvTitan. There's a lot more to that story than you'll ever know the real truth about, despite what Danny tells you. That's why I think the OP should try tunes from both and decide for himself.

·
Registered
214 Posts
originally posted by npccpartsman
You're refering to LvTitan. There's a lot more to that story than you'll ever know the real truth about, despite what Danny tells you. That's why I think the OP should try tunes from both and decide for himself.
Well said. A lot more to that story.:nod:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
No dyno numbers but ran a 9.0 flat and a 8.93 with Matts aggressive street file.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts