Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys.....got me a used dashdaq coming...should be here monday. question is this, do i need a vin license if i load tunes other than spartan? seems to me like i wouldnt, just need the spartan to transfer the tunes. what is everyones thoughts on this?? thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
What "other" tunes are you referring to? Spartan is the only tunes available now for the DashDAQ. You have to purchase a new tuning license for the tuner to work on your truck. If the person returned their truck to stock then it will only cost you $325. If they did not, it's $599.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You can buy KEM tunes for the dashdaq, I recently had been running spartan tunes and then just picked up the KEM 310 tune for only $200! I wasnt forced to buy the 275 tune and then the 310 like spartan does and saved me from spending $400 just to get the 310 tune. No disrespect to spartan though i loved the 250 tune I was running for awhile.

127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so, do i have to buy a vin license to run the kem tunes?? i guess i am just a little dumb.....or maybe just naive to think that i wont end up spending several hundred more dollars on this thing.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I dont think you need a vin license for kem tunes. They just email you the tunes you want and you copy and paste it to the transfer folder on your sd card that comes with the dashdaq.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts