Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of trying the 275 this weekend for mileage is it ok on a job 1? Not ripping on it I know but just cruising? Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
you will be fine. just drive smart you won't have an issue.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How is the shifting for a daily driver?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I daily drove with that tune for over 2yrs with no issues. I'm currently running the 310 and have no issues with it either

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your truck a job 1? Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Eric's truck is a Job 1. Most of the Job 1 issues are worked out. You will be fine.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that a good dd? For mileage? How are the shifts? Harder then the 250? Thanks alot

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
They are a little firmer than the 250, but they learn well and smooth out nicely. I think the tune is a great daily driver myself.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool, the trans relearn is 0 60 1/2 throttle 3 times 0 60 WOT 3 times? thanks for the help :thumb:

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Mines a job3 but as far as trans relearning for a daily driver I've never done th re learn process. I've just driven it how I would drive every day and only experience the really firm shifts for maybe a day then they start smoothing out as i city drive and its stop and go. Now if I was going to take it to the track then I would go and do some 3/4 and wot runs so the trans knows what to expect.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Oh and I just rolled 43k today probably close to 48k actual but out of those miles 37k was spent on the 275 tune. Just drive with some sense and you'll be good

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i hear ya.. loaded up the 275 this morning so far so good.. thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I loaded the 275 yesterday and some times when I go wot between 10 and 20 mph it will loose all power and acts like I let off the pedal. Other times it just jumps like the tranny doesn't want to shift. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
It's transmission defuel to prevent internal transmission damage.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, I know what that is. Mine shut down and quit pulling. Turbo spooled down and everything acted as if i let off the pedal and stayed off. I can't figure out why it would do it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a Job 1 and was on the 275 for about 40K miles and on the 310 currently for about 20K miles without any issues.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats awsome! How you like the 310 as a dd?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts